Nautilus, the fragile one

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naezma

12-08-2012

You must build him to support his kit. Health + Utility.

mambawarrior0

12-08-2012

Take Abbysal Scepter if you want magic damage. I find it far better on him than Liandry's and Wits.

bassnasty

12-08-2012

With builds such as this (chu8 loved damage on naut) you can get on top of a carry and destroy them. While this can be effective it sometimes is not what your team will need and as opponents become more skilled they will decide to kill you instead or protect their squishies more effectively. I would be wary of getting set on an item build that seems so focused on snowballing. When it works it will win games but when enemies catch on or you dont get to snowball it, it will fail hard and you will die fast.

NepotisM

12-08-2012

i mean what im doing is purely theory, ever since the patch i find myself not knowing what to buy every game, so far im doing pretty good in the jungle with relatively usual items for naut,

mobiboots-furor change to merc/tabi if needed. last rune too is very good
shurelia
wits end
randuin/aegis

with usual builds i still found myself dominating easy 6-1 this season, but im lost as to what buy very early on, i often waste gold atm,and that innaceptable to me so ive been back to the drawing board and only do normal.

after much tries, i found myself concluding that spirit of liz is just not worth the gold investment at the moment, and despite the 18-66 dot, im likely better off with the utility/hp and the dmg liandrys offer.

nautilus is the cc master, making use of liandry can be really good.

Shiralune

12-08-2012

So... AP naut.

Also, Wit's end? Eh. You don't get wit's end for the damage, you get it for the atkspd and the damage. You're wasting too much gold on it if all you want is the on-hit.

Plus, with Naut's crappy attack animation AND crappy base attackspeed, that recurve bow part isn't going to help much at all.

Edit: Read further. Black Cleaver? On a champion with no physical damaging spells, and deals primarily magic damage? I don't even.

NepotisM

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
So... AP naut.

Also, Wit's end? Eh. You don't get wit's end for the damage, you get it for the atkspd and the damage. You're wasting too much gold on it if all you want is the on-hit.

Plus, with Naut's crappy attack animation AND crappy base attackspeed, that recurve bow part isn't going to help much at all.

Edit: Read further. Black Cleaver? On a champion with no physical damaging spells, and deals primarily magic damage? I don't even.
what? why everyone keep saying ap naut...seriously....only cause i put in 1 item that happen to give ap, im building ap naut??!??!

sure the little ap is nice, but what is really good on it is the magic pen/hp/5-10% current hp burn, that fits his hit and run style so perfectly.
i didnt say either im getting wits for dmg, im getting it for landing 1hit wonders in a succession and the mr, its very easy with naut to get to 4mr stack rapidly and stun most of the group.

so...stop it with the damn ap naut remark...
if i wanted to throw in an ap naut atleast i would mention abyss scepter..cmon

black cleaver at the moment is extremely good, very good hp/armor pen and dmg. his passive scales off atk dmg, and his w with max hp.
nautilus main role in a fight is to cc everyone and keep them locked so ur group can deal dmg, but you can deal extreme dmg all the while cc them all and be very resistant.

you guys are ignorant if you never used wits end/ionic spark, atk speed is incredible on nautilus, the single best stat for him coupled with his passive and W.

Shiralune

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gårågas View Post
what? why everyone keep saying ap naut...seriously....only cause i put in 1 item that happen to give ap, im building ap naut??!??!

sure the little ap is nice, but what is really good on it is the magic pen/hp/5-10% current hp burn, that fits his hit and run style so perfectly.
i didnt say either im getting wits for dmg, im getting it for landing 1hit wonders in a succession and the mr, its very easy with naut to get to 4mr stack rapidly and stun most of the group.

so...stop it with the damn ap naut remark...
if i wanted to throw in an ap naut atleast i would mention abyss scepter..cmon
You just started naut, didn't you?

That's not a stun, that's a snare.
The Wit's end is horrid for your idea, because currently you're using it for just 42 bonus damage on each auto. If you REALLY want that, just go for the Abyssal Scepter. Bonus damage (courtesy of scaling your W), and better MR to boot.

Your build isn't using Naut to his best; rather, it's an awkward on-hit like build that WOULD BE BETTER AP, which isn't even that good.

NepotisM

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
You just started naut, didn't you?

That's not a stun, that's a snare.
The Wit's end is horrid for your idea, because currently you're using it for just 42 bonus damage on each auto. If you REALLY want that, just go for the Abyssal Scepter. Bonus damage (courtesy of scaling your W), and better MR to boot.

Your build isn't using Naut to his best; rather, it's an awkward on-hit like build that WOULD BE BETTER AP, which isn't even that good.
yes i have used nautilus for a long time, and im pretty sure you are not qualified to tell me what works and what doesnt on him.
i prob have over 150 games with him, thats more than all ur games as a lvl 14.

and again, im not using it only for the bonus dmg on passive, theres also his w, and mostly, jesus..read up..its to make it very easy to land autoatk stuns on all of them, who cares if its a stun or a snare it doesnt matter, will you stop 1hitting them all if it does a bind a fear a stun or a charm...the goal is to stun them all with extreme ease, he uses that atk speed remarkably and if ur not convinced by words, ill show your lvl 14 how to carry a game.

Bad Luck Braum

12-08-2012

go mobility boots, Spirit of the Ancient golem (it is better than merc treads 100%) Ruby Sightstone into typical nautilus build - Frozen heart/Abyssal Scepter/GA.

Don't get frozen fist as his passive makes the active useless. Though the stat spread on it is wonderful for nautilus.

So final build is
Mobility boots
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Ruby Sight Stone
Frozen Heart
Abyssal Scepter
Guardian Angel.

Shiralune

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gårågas View Post
yes i have used nautilus for a long time, and im pretty sure you are not qualified to tell me what works and what doesnt on him.
i prob have over 150 games with him, thats more than all ur games as a lvl 14.

and again, im not using it only for the bonus dmg on passive, theres also his w, and mostly, jesus..read up..its to make it very easy to land autoatk stuns on all of them, who cares if its a stun or a snare it doesnt matter, will you stop 1hitting them all if it does a bind a fear a stun or a charm...the goal is to stun them all with extreme ease, he uses that atk speed remarkably and if ur not convinced by words, ill show your lvl 14 how to carry a game.
Lol.
This is clearly not a smurf, despite it being created 2 years ago.

You're certainly new to the forums, at the least.

You're still calling it a stun. It's not a stun. And there is a difference. A huge one.

Next you say his w makes it easy to land "autatk stuns". Really? So by giving a damage bonus on his auto, it makes it easier to land? Wow. Granted, if you use the auto reset mechanic, it makes your first auto easier to land, but afterwards, it's still the same ****ty attack speed and an almost as bad attack animation.

He doesn't use that attack speed "remarkably", because the designers purposely made it so he can't.

First off, his base attack speed is horrid. Second, his attack animation is slow. Third, buying attack speed just so you can snare multiple enemies is a waste, simply because there are better items you can buy with that gold, that would help you much more efficiently.