Any Good AP Poppy Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kirby145x

12-09-2012

So far it's been easy to use standard AD build. Boots>Trinity>Gunblade.

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with a new AP build. I know Lich bane is basically nerfed on Poppy now.

Boss Aegis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Gunblade? Gunblade? Since when is Gunblade better than Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster? When has it been better than Aegis of the Legion, ffs?

kirby145x

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Aegis View Post
Gunblade? Gunblade? Since when is Gunblade better than Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster? When has it been better than Aegis of the Legion, ffs?
Since it had a long range slow, and both AP and AD scaling.

SALSA DIP HOT

12-09-2012

Well with the new DFG its different now. The trick with AP Poppy was that even your DFG damage gets increased with your ult, so with rushing DFG you could (almost) kill their carries in 1 combo.

With the new patch i tried it like 2 times, and its more difficult now. I still reccomend rushing DFG (after sheen) but almost your whole damage comes out of your Q now. I go this way: Boots/Philo -> Sheen -> DFG -> Lichbane -> Rabadons and then things you need, like Hourglass, Voidstaff and if youre ahead and need more utility, Shurelias is really good.

But if you compare AP Poppy today with the old AP Poppy (with old 30% health DFG), its much weaker. Oh, and hitting your E is much more important now.