Do you want more tech/sci fi champs and skins, or more fantasy-themed ones.

Yeah, they're great! 9 31.03%
Not really, please go back to more fantasy-themed ones. 12 41.38%
I don't care either way. 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

What's up with all the sci-fi lately?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT Super Cool View Post
The whole typical mage/warrior/archer fantasy mold is pretty much over used, even in other games people are always trying to be creative, there no point in beating a dead horse, chances are people would critique the creativity of the devs if they were to release a "typical" warrior/mage/archer.

Muscular guy with a big sword.
Nimble guy who uses archery.
Intellectual arrogant guy who uses magic.

They're so cliche to be honest.
Those are class archetypes, not skins. Varus is an archer no matter what his skin. Garen is a melee fighter regardless of his skin. Nocturne is... well, according to his new skin, he's a techno-thing that hates organics. You know, like mecha Cho'gath and mecha Kha'zix. I can't speak for everyone, but I find skins like Highlander or Demonblade Trynd and Norse King Darius more interesting than the idea of just sticking them both in the same gunmetal gray space-marine armor you've seen in ever FPS ever.

We're talking about skins, not classes. Those don't change. Putting Annie is her "reverse annie" skin doesn't make her a tank because she's now a bear.

FaR2LaTe

12-08-2012

This guy might be able to explain it a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREnvJRkif0

Deitrix

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaR2LaTe View Post
This guy might be able to explain it a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREnvJRkif0
Well, that DOES sum up my feelings on Steel Legion Lux pretty nicely. Thank you.

Tsundere

12-08-2012

Need more animal/monster champs imo

FaR2LaTe

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitrix View Post
Well, that DOES sum up my feelings on Steel Legion Lux pretty nicely. Thank you.
I knew it would. No problem.

Quartzmonkey

12-08-2012

I want a continuous mix of both.

MathMage

12-08-2012

The fantasy stuff comes standard.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
I want a continuous mix of both.
Probably should have put a seperate poll point for that. I guess we'll assume the last option covers people who like them both equally.

winniekinz

12-08-2012

Quoted from a steel legion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
this is something we talk about internally. we want to be better about cadence when possible of course, but we also want to push ourselves to always explore those themes deeply—when we do them we want them to each be unique/special to the champion, and we want consistency there.

thanks for the feedback~
Aka abuse the living **** out of it, give it to all the champions, even ones that doesn't even fit the theme or need it (Lux), make everyone angry and continue to do so until everyone gets tired of it.

Snes C

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitrix View Post
I'm not really opposed to it, really... but fantasy has always been my cup o' tea
How about a cup o' punch in the face?