Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you want more tech/sci fi champs and skins, or more fantasy-themed ones.

Yeah, they're great! 9 31.03%
Not really, please go back to more fantasy-themed ones. 12 41.38%
I don't care either way. 8 27.59%
Voters 29 .

What's up with all the sci-fi lately?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

I'm not really opposed to it, really... but fantasy has always been my cup o' tea and it seems like lately we've gotten piles and piles of champs and skins with a very sci-fi tech focus. This is showing up more in skins than in champions (Jayce and Vi being exceptions), but it seems like the go-to idea for a new skin is just to tech someone out and call it a day. Norse king Darius never showed up, but Bioforge came the heck outta nowhere, and response to it has been astoundingly meh. Now we have Steel Legion Lux or whatnot coming out and it's not getting a warm reception either. Again, I'm not really against all the sci-fi stuff (though I DO dislike Steel Legion a lot), I'm just curious if other people feel the same.

I just figure someone important at Riot is a HUGE fan of warhammer 40K. I thought I heard somewhere that Morello was.

But yeah, what do you all think?

Deitrix

12-08-2012

bump

Wulfestopheles

12-08-2012

Cyber-*** sells, bro.

AL Penguin

12-08-2012

historical fiction plz.

I want more pantheons and corkis and xin zhaos

1st HanarSpectre

12-08-2012

There are a massive amount of fantasy skin already available.
Now the artist seems to be on a techno-kick, which I personally enjoy.

gsai

12-08-2012

One month its fire and ice (condems), the next its sci-fi, and after that we're back to provactive, and Teemo just always gets skins.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

@Wulfestopheles That... doesn't make sense at all, dude. Most of these sci-fi skins are less revealing or sexual than their normal counterparts. Also, most of them are on men. So unless you're a woman who really gets into seeing Darius covered in green tubes, I'd say that comment made 0 sense.

FaR2LaTe

12-08-2012

Delete the whole game. Its just not real enough for me. Candy canes and ****.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

Quote:
gsai64:
One month its fire and ice (condems), the next its sci-fi, and after that we're back to provactive, and Teemo just always gets skins.

This... makes the most sense. They might just be on a huge mecha/tech kick right now. I wonder what the next flavor of the month will be? Chibis? I can see it now. Chibi Nasus. Chibi Singed. Chibi RIVEN! That would sell so hard.

ßolt

12-08-2012

The whole typical mage/warrior/archer fantasy mold is pretty much over used, even in other games people are always trying to be creative, there no point in beating a dead horse, chances are people would critique the creativity of the devs if they were to release a "typical" warrior/mage/archer.

Muscular guy with a big sword.
Nimble guy who uses archery.
Intellectual arrogant guy who uses magic.

They're so cliche to be honest.