Black Cleaver nerf too much

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loerka

12-08-2012

yeah

Loerka

12-08-2012

bump please upvote and bump yourself

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSparkleFistX View Post
.Dafuq. They made the flat armor pen Unique? lmfao
HERE http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2870009
have math classess
edit: sorry for the other part, but seriously nerf deserved, people who are qqing are people who stacked them and ended with ridicolous 24/0 scores every game ebcause there's no counter build option to it.

"oh no counter build? i jsut buy hp"
well hp without resistances is still squishy and if you build hp to counter cleavers then i drop a cleaver and get a SwoD while still stacking 3 cleavers and having a lw, so yeah i still 3 shot you.

TT Dreadnaught

12-08-2012

Buy gais, the AP Mains that balance dis game are dying to ad champs must nerf D:

TT Dreadnaught

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
*Take math classes.
I suggest you invest in a Literature tutor, "Moron".

mambawarrior0

12-08-2012

I think they're trying to stay safe.
They'd rather nobody buy it than have it be must buy.

The SHP

12-08-2012

yeah, that's definitely hitting it the wrong way. I'm fine with the armor pen being unique, but the numbers on the armor pen and armor reduction shouldn't be nerfed.

Stacking them is questionable, but it is true that just a single BC is pretty strong for the cost (and i'm saying this as someone who almost exclusively plays melee AD-based champs, of various sorts). Allow me to elaborate:

BC's upgrade costs 1188 gold. For this, you get: 25 AD, 70 health, and the armor shred passive.

25 AD is worth about 875 gold (a pickaxe costs 875 and gives 25 AD)
70 health is worth somewhere around 175 gold
That alone sums up to 1050 gold worth of stats from the upgrade. Then there's the shred, which you effectively pay the remaining 138 gold for... yeah.. that's a ridiculously low cost for such a good passive

Now that's not to say i think the passive should be nerfed... it's a rather unique and limited stat, which can't really be replaced. Instead, i think the AD should get nerfed... AD can be found anywhere, we can easily tack it into somewhere else in our builds. If Riot would drop the amount of AD gained from the BC upgrade down to 15 or so (so the item would have 40 in total), then that armor shred passive would feel like it actually costs something.

Crosisx2

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loerka View Post
Seriously you don't needed to nerf black cleaver stats... just to make it unique imo...

R.I.P Black cleaver

For those who don't know:

-Armor Penetration changed to Unique
-Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15
-Passive effect now reduces armor by 6.25% per stack down from 7.5%

And Brutalizer now only give 10 arpen

C'mon Riot it's not too late fix the nerf on the PBE before it hit Live!
And your match history has multiple games of you stacking Black Cleaver. Yes it needs a nerf, stop whining.

Letkhar

12-08-2012

The nerf sounds fine to me.

People complaining don't really understand why it's OP. They nerfed all the right areas. You'll still buy it after the nerf, but you'll only buy one. And probably a Brutalizer or a LW afterwards. In fact it might still make armor pretty useless even if you can't stack it. I really hate this item right now.

The SHP

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
I think they're trying to stay safe.
They'd rather nobody buy it than have it be must buy.

and i could respect that... if they ever did that for things like IE or PD. But they never have even come close. Meanwhile it's fine to overnerf things like Atma's or BC, right?