Can we get skins for champs that need them?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Edit: Not 100% sure while are and aren't going to become limited/legacy, just that they will be coming out.

The Christmas skins are known and I am disappointed. The skins themselves look great but there are so many that need skins and many that have them. Releasing new limited skins for champs that have them makes it feel bad for people that own them. When the Halloween Maokai skin came out he just got a Christmas one before and has a limited skin already.

Also please make the ward skins permanent this time.

Quote:
-Dark Candy Fiddlesticks
Fiddlesticks isn't the most popular of champions and already has limited skins.
-Surprise Party Fiddlesticks
-Pumpkin Head
-Union Jack.
Quote:
-Slay Belle Katarina
Popular champion and this is an alright addition but she already has a few skins.
-Red Card Katarina
-Kitty Cat Katarina
Quote:
-Bad Santa Veigar
Not as popular but still beloved. He has a few good skins already especially when compared to how much he is played.
-Curling Veigar
Quote:
-Snow Day Ziggs
Ziggs has Pool Party Ziggs a great skin.
Quote:
-Masked Shaco
Shaco is seeing a bit more play with new jungle and really fell off back when his boxes were nerfed. He has a decent amount of solid skins.
-Nutcracko
Quote:
-Neon Strike Yi
Potentially another holiday skin.
Quote:
-Steel Legion Lux
Lux has some skins but they aren't the greatest and this one looks better than her others.
Riot we want to see skins for champions that still only have 2. We want to see skins for champions that need them.

We don't want to see things like ChoGath has. 2 legendary skins for one champion? In addition to the Loch Ness and Jurassic which are already great skins. The Battlecast Cho is cool and all, but we could have had something that cool on someone else and been just as happy.
Quote:
Champions that have a limited number of skins and could use some. If you feel there are some to add feel free to say so.
-Evelynn
-Orianna
-Rumble
-Sejuani
-Sion
-Skarner
-Soraka
-Talon
-Trundle
-Udyr
-Volibear
-Yorick
-Zilean

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Talon needs a skin too

Orianna doesn't really need a skin. She got one semi-recently.

Although Riot doesn't seem to be following a pattern, so it doesn't look like they care. Here's the proof: Ziggs got Pool Party not too long ago, and he's getting another one for Christmas. Talon's last skin was extremely early in 2012. Lee Sin got a skin at the same time as Talon. Then Lee got another skin several months ago. Talon has nothing yet.

Pretty much, Riot's thought process with skins is "WE DO WHAT WE WANT"

Averdrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Yeah.
I was hoping for a Teemo skin as well.

Pantazi

12-08-2012

I am seriously disappointed in the skins and the champions selected to recieve them. I mean how did they come to the conclusion that THOSE champs should get skins. If they already have a limited skin, why give them another?

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantazi View Post
If they already have a limited skin, why give them another?
What's wrong with having multiple limited skins? Just because a skin is limited doesn't mean a champion should be closed off from getting skins of that type in the future.

Toysoldier

12-08-2012

I understand when they get a good idea for a champion and roll with it, but maybe just put it on hold for a while and work on champs that need it.

Toysoldier

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
What's wrong with having multiple limited skins? Just because a skin is limited doesn't mean a champion should be closed off from getting skins of that type in the future.
There are many people that collect and buy all of the limited and promotion skins then use them later. Many people also don't like having lots of skins for the same champions.

While I had the Totemic Maokai from launch I was happy to get Festive Maokai. Though I wasn't as thrilled for Haunted Maokai because now I need to change between them from time to time when I could have just got a skin for a champion that really needed it and not one I was already satisfied with.

It would be like if they released a new legendary skin for Ezreal after Pulse Fire Ezreal is already out. People wouldn't be that happy about it because they already are satisfied.

Pantazi

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post

You cant play them all at once. While I dont mind have numerous skins for different champions, I would also like my skin collection to be diverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysoldier View Post
There are many people that collect and buy all of the limited and promotion skins then use them later. Many people also don't like having lots of skins for the same champions.

While I had the Totemic Maokai from launch I was happy to get Festive Maokai. Though I wasn't as thrilled for Haunted Maokai because now I need to change between them from time to time when I could have just got a skin for a champion that really needed it and not one I was already satisfied with.

It would be like if they released a new legendary skin for Ezreal after Pulse Fire Ezreal is already out. People wouldn't be that happy about it because they already are satisfied.
This sums it up nicely

YoFuzzy

12-08-2012

russian bear op

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantazi View Post
You cant play them all at once. While I dont mind have numerous skins for different champions, I would also like my skin collection to be diverse.
So your reasoning is that you don't want multiple limited edition skins for one champion because you wouldn't know which one to show off?

I have multiple skins for multiple champions and I use whichever one _I_ want, because that's the point of skins. They are to entertain yourself. You don't buy a skin for other people, you buy a skin for you. I don't care if I had 5 different Halloween and Christmas Maokai skins, I'd still be choosing whichever one I felt in the mood of using and paying no thought to showing it off just because it's limited.