Most AP Possible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owlstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulean Laser View Post
the highest attainable ability power by a playable champion is 1874, on Mordekaiser. To reach this amount, he must:

~have a fully stacked Mejai's Soulstealer and five Rabadon's Deathcaps.
~have a full page of Force runes.
~ have the Summoner's Wrath mastery and maximum ranks in the Blast, Mental Force, and Archmage masteries.
~possess the Exalted with Baron Nashor buff.
~have consumed an Elixir of Brilliance.
~have Ignite on cooldown.
~be affected by a Will of the Ancients aura.
~be affected by the auras of nearby Taric's Radiance and Sona's Hymn of Valor abilities, and under the effects of Lulu's Whimsy.
~have killed an enemy Karma with the same setup with Children of the Grave

This combination will result in Mordekaiser having 1874 AP. The ghost spawned will have 3448 AP, though she is not a playable character.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_power
I saw that too but I mean like from straight building items, no help from allies, no buffs, no runes, no nothing but AP straight from items. If I wasn't clear, I mean that before the patch, the most AP you could get by building items was 5 Archangels, 1 Rabadons. You could get more by having runes or masteries, but I'm not counting them.

MrGutWrench

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numalex View Post
If you are looking for strait damage void staff should be an item you build every game regardless.

If you deal 1000 damage with an ability and enemy has 100 MR you now only deal 500. You get void staff and not counting that extra AP you are suddenly dealing near 750 due to the pen alone.

40% magic pen is no joke at all and end game you should rock it one way or another.
they nerfed it to 35%

dweorg

12-08-2012

Janna (highest mana of all champs) with Rabadon's, 4 Seraph's and a Void staff:

Rabadon's - 120 AP plus 25% increase in total ap
Seraph's - 60 AP (x4) plus 3% of your total mana as AP (5454 mana, or 163.62 AP)
Void Staff - 70 ap plus 35% magic penetration

Total: 742.025 AP

6 Rabadon's on any camp:

120 AP x6 = 720 AP x 1.25 = 900 AP even.

But the most damage would come from Karthus (highest base mana for a viable AP Mid. Heimerdinger has higher, but he's not really viable at the moment. Janna has the highest, and I include her in a hypothetical example below) with the following, incredibly unrealistic build of items:

Serap's Embrace: 60 AP + 71.04 (3% of 2363 mana)
3x Rabadon's Deathcap: 120 AP each + 25% of your total AP (calculated at end)
Void Staff: 70 AP + 35% magic penetration
Mejai's Soulstealer @ 20 stacks: 180 AP

Total: 928.8 AP, but with 35% magic penetration this will almost always deal more damage.

Replacing the Void Staff with another deathcap and replacing the champion with Janna increases the total AP to 992.025, but because of the penetration this deals less damage.

There is a much higher theoretically possible combo if you include all runes, masteries, aura items and abilities. You can find it in the trivia section of the ability power page on the wiki, though it hasn't been completely updated and they fail to take into account that a single Seraph's Embrace gives them more AP than another Deathcap because of it's passive on kharma. Meaning that the total AP they manage to obtain (1874) is actually lower than the maximum. The maximum obtained by simply changing one deathcap on kharma with a Serap's Embrace in their calculation is 1877.09288

Quote:
Aside from Veigar, who may obtain any amount of ability power due to the passive effect of Baleful Strike, and Galio, who requires using a metagame mechanic not intended to be seen in gameplay (bonus magic resistance when AFK), the highest attainable ability power by a playable champion is 1874, on Mordekaiser. To reach this amount, he must:
have a fully stacked Mejai's Soulstealer and five Rabadon's Deathcaps.
have a full page of Force runes.
have the Summoner's Wrath mastery and maximum ranks in the Blast, Mental Force, and Archmage masteries.
possess the Exalted with Baron Nashor buff.
have consumed an Elixir of Brilliance.
have Ignite on cooldown.
be affected by a Will of the Ancients aura.
be affected by the auras of nearby Taric's Radiance and Sona's Hymn of Valor abilities, and under the effects of Lulu's Whimsy.
have killed an enemy Karma with the same setup with Children of the Grave
This combination will result in Mordekaiser having 1874 AP. The ghost spawned will have 3448 AP, though she is not a playable character.
Relevant mathematics:

Karma AP = (180 + 120 5 + 130 + 83.16 + 6 + 18 + 40 + 40 + 5 + 30 + 20 + 35 + 60) (1 + 0.25 + 0.05) = 1621.308
Mordekaiser AP = (180 + 120 5 + 83.16 + 6 + 18 + 40 + 40 + 5 + 30 + 20 + 35 + 60 + (1621.308 0.2)) (1 + 0.25 + 0.05) = 1873.84808
Karma ghost AP = 1621.308 + 1873.84808 0.75 (1 + 0.25 + 0.05) = 3448.309878

blah12321blah

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Yep, the Seraph's AP increasing passive is unique, so it doesn't stack, sadly. I used to get 1267 AP on my Ezreal back in the day... now I can only go as high as ~800. It sucks, really.
I'm glad people figured that out too by now, i felt like i was the only one seeing the nerf for a few days already.

Behold, the slow morphing of AP's into yet another glorified support, with always more utility and cool stuff on new items, but also less damage.

FistOf7Dragons

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulean Laser View Post
the highest attainable ability power by a playable champion is 1874, on Mordekaiser. To reach this amount, he must:

~have a fully stacked Mejai's Soulstealer and five Rabadon's Deathcaps.
~have a full page of Force runes.
~ have the Summoner's Wrath mastery and maximum ranks in the Blast, Mental Force, and Archmage masteries.
~possess the Exalted with Baron Nashor buff.
~have consumed an Elixir of Brilliance.
~have Ignite on cooldown.
~be affected by a Will of the Ancients aura.
~be affected by the auras of nearby Taric's Radiance and Sona's Hymn of Valor abilities, and under the effects of Lulu's Whimsy.
~have killed an enemy Karma with the same setup with Children of the Grave

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_power
no wonder morde is still op

also no mentions viegar and his infinate ap?

Numalex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGutWrench View Post
they nerfed it to 35%
That they did. Still that 35% will make more of a difference later in the game than another 70-100 AP.

Naezma

12-08-2012

5X Archangels + 1 Rabadon's w/ Karma and full AP mastery + page

= around 1680 AP. (This is without stacks of AP or any other influence of auras and such)

But you can have her around 1.8-1.9k AP at 1 hp. ;3

blah12321blah

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naezma View Post

= around 1680 AP. (This is without stacks of AP or any other influence of auras and such)

This looks outdated

dweorg

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naezma View Post

Archangel's/Seraph's don't stack. Stacking Deathcaps plus one seraph's and one fully charged Mejai's is by far the highest you can have.

AL Penguin

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbound View Post
I don't know the items yet, but I know which champion with the items will have the highest AP.

It's Karma at 1 hp, because of her passive.
not really... it's not the total percentage of your AP, it's a fixed amount of AP and you gain a % of that amount