My name got removed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not Migs

12-08-2012

Hi, I logged in a second ago, and my name is now temp49345. My old username was "Stoopid Migger". I'm usually very nice in games, I'm never raging at anyone, I'm an honorable opponent, etc. I know why my name got taken off, but I figure I'll give my side and ask some questions too. My last name starts with Mig. I often name myself Migs in games, but Migs was taken. I thought Migger would be ok, obviously I was wrong. I apologize if I offended anyone, and I'm sure my name has. I'm not racist, I could care less about what race you are in a video game. I'd like to just ask: Is my name staying as "temp49345" or will I be able to change it? Will I have to pay out of pocket for the name change? I didn't think my name would be removed, after playing for six months, and buying $50 worth of RP, this surprised me.

Again, I'm very sorry if I offended anyone, and this name removal is entirely my fault. I am just wondering if I'm gonna have to pay money to change it.

Thanks
~Migs

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

if you can't figure out why your name was put up for alteration then you're a bigger idiot than you seem to be.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

ask a new name there, its free.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Not Migs

12-08-2012

Did you bother reading my post? I want to know if I need to pay RP to have it changed...

kaleb bartlett

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp49345 View Post
Did you bother reading my post? I want to know if I need to pay RP to have it changed...
no, it's a support thing

Kinvaras666

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
if you can't figure out why your name was put up for alteration then you're a bigger idiot than you seem to be.
people, I know you see trolls everyday and these kind of answers go as automatic,
but really, please read the whole thread before posting.

You guys are making me depressed.

Tonaia

12-08-2012

I don't believe you do. If Riot changes your name because it's offensive to people, you probably can email them to get it changed to something else. Just be glad they didn't change it to pretty purple pony.

kaleb bartlett

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
people, I know you see trolls everyday and these kind of answers go as automatic,
but really, please read the whole thread before posting.

You guys are making me depressed.
yeah, but honestly... it doesn't take a genius to know that his previous name would get flagged, and i'm 99% sure he knew what he was doing when he did it.

Kinvaras666

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
yeah, but honestly... it doesn't take a genius to know that his previous name would get flagged, and i'm 99% sure he knew what he was doing when he did it.

the idea is "It doesn't actually use offensive words so they can't ban it"
many people think that.... unfortunately.

Not Migs

12-08-2012

I'm not even arguing the fact that my name isn't bad, it's about if I have to pay to change my name. Thank you, Kinvaras for actually reading the post.