AP Sona....does this actually work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LackOfMoniker

12-08-2012

Now, this just might be because I'm not level 30....but people don't seem to know how to counter Sona pokes on domnion. Over the course of something like 7 dominion games in the past few days I've only lost 1 as Sona. Most of the time I just build fast Archangels (which eventually transforms into Seraph's), then a Unholy Grail then a Wooglets, but by then the game is usually over... (There's an Ionian Boots somewhere in there as well, with the +15 movespeed upgrade). I take boots and Tear of the Goddess first, then upgrade boots and Archangels ASAP.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing against really bad players or because Sona just works for some reason. With the build I go, I have no health and almost no 1v1 power (beyond kiting and spamming q), but the 2v2 and 2v1 power is pretty good. I have no runes and go mainly Support masteries. I still somehow manage to get kill streaks and alot of double kills.

Is this actually legitimately good or am I just playing against bad players?

naotasan

12-08-2012

TF Sona is scary. Not sure about current patch Sona, but a month ago I was scared to see a zimike Sona

Mad Suppordle

12-08-2012

Once armor is patched back into the game Sona will be quite strong again. Currently she is ok. There's no real "correct" build at the moment because this patch doesn't count.

Grantson

12-08-2012

It use to be AD and Tank was better then AP Sona because of her low AP scaling.
Then came along Black Fire Torch so now AP Sona is back on equal level with AD and Tank.
She's versatile and works best with Kassadin and Maokai who gets bonus for spell spamming.

AD items - Trinity Force or Iceborn gauntlet, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper.
AP items - Lichbane, Black Fire Torch, Void Staff
Tank items- Frozen Heart, Runic Bulwark.

Fabs457

12-08-2012

iceborn + maramuna i've seen being built on a couple sona players lately. given that this meta doesn't really favor supports or tanks (outside of malph/ali), she can be pretty strong and impactful

inFe eD

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
Once armor is patched back into the game Sona will be quite strong again. Currently she is ok. There's no real "correct" build at the moment because this patch doesn't count.
False. You should be stacking cleavers on Sona, to enhance her cleavage.

Argodis

12-08-2012

I don't think AP Sona is very good even with Torch. You only have one reliable damage ability. The new items definitely help out but I believe you would get far better results with Tanky Support Sona or AD Sona.

As with any support, or rather any champ in general, you benefit your team more when you're alive than dead. With Runic Bulwark and Sona's passive W, an ally can gain up to 45 Armor and 65 MR just being near you.

I guess, just stick with whatever works for you since you're winning. At the moment Dominion is all about offensive power.

Tempestphile

12-08-2012

TF Tanky Sona, I've went 8 wins in a row with it.

AP Sona on the other hand is meh, AP tanky is ok

LackOfMoniker

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
TF Tanky Sona, I've went 8 wins in a row with it.
OK, sorry but I have absolutely no idea what TF Tanky Sona is....as far as I know TF has always been used to refer to Twisted Fate, but i don't think that is the case here. Anybody want to update me? Thanks.

I was thinking AP Sona because especially with the new movespeed boost upgrade and Sona's E, she becomes really hard to catch (except for the heroes like xin and fiora that have really really good long-range closing skills), so I just tend to sit in the back and faceroll with good positioning. Again, maybe that's just because I'm playing at a low level though.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
False. You should be stacking cleavers on Sona, to enhance her cleavage.
tried this out on sr, it actually worked, cleavage joke also happenned there.
edit: Tf is short for trinity force xD.