@Team PB&J: Honor Suggestion for the Forgetful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Honor is pretty cool, but oftentimes I forget who I was originally intending to give honor to. When someone is really nice and cooperative during champion select, I try to mark them down in my mind so I can give them honor afterward (even if they are quiet all game- playing takes enough focus!)

What I want is a button to hit during champion select that will highlight the person or pop up a small reminder bubble at the end-of-game screen, so I remember to give them honor. The people who are quiet during game but friendly and teamworkful during champ select deserve more credit than they get!

Vesuvias

12-08-2012

How about being able to honor someone during the game? Would be nice.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Yeah, though I assume getting honor stuff in-game would be more complex, since it'd be sending the reminder through multiple clients.

ACGIFT

12-09-2012

I'd settle for a simple pop-up fix: if you didn't honor (or report, add, or ignore) anyone in the post-game lobby, clicking the "home" or "play again" buttons could give a pop-up confirmation that'd remind you of the honor buttons.

Sure, some might consider it a mild annoyance, but it'd be small, brief, and often enough would prevent all those cases of "oh wait I wanted to honor that summoner!"

Since I'd judge most of the time a summoner will use ONE of those four buttons somewhere, the pop-up wouldn't occur all that frequently, so it'd actually prove use a significant portion of the time it did appear.

Beaumains

12-10-2012

While it's usually easier to remember the honorable silent from champ select, I still strongly support this idea. It should be a reminder that is toggle-able, so if a player turns around and displays dishonorable behavior, you can account for that. That specific example is one I've seen several times, where a player is friendly/helpful/cooperative as long as things are going well, but when things start to go south, they start flaming/harassing/trolling or w/e.

Joybane

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Personally, I'd like to be able to type /honor <person> [type] during the game and basically have the honor button flash at the end to remind me that I've marked this person for honor. At the end, if I exit without honoring them, they get auto-honored. If I click on their honor button but pick nothing, it clears the default honor. I think it's a nice balance of situations. I do want to make sure they get honored, but I don't want to risk that I think "hey, they should be honored!" and then come to regret it later.

Example:

/honor joybane teamwork

The chat window tells me "You will honor Joybane for teamwork at the end of this match by default."
Now when the game ends, I'll see that person's honor button flashing as a reminder, and if I click on it, teamwork is similarly flashing. I can honor them like normal, or just not click on their honor button at all and it will happen automatically if I forget or whatever.