Nami's Heal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12Tables

12-08-2012

After playing Nami for a bit and playing against her I have to wonder:

Does Nami's heal is a bit stronger than every other support heal, in terms of frequency vs amount of HP healed?

I feel like the amount of damage healed is fine but the CD of this move should be about 15 secs at low levels with CD scaling down to about 9 secs at rank 5. (something like 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 I think would be better)

Anyway I don't want to call this ability OP (it's strong, not broken), I feel more like it goes against Riot's Anti-Fun policy on sustain during the low levels of laning phase.

Anyway, what is your thought on the ability? Below I have included a reference of support heals to save you the time of looking them up.

Reference of support heals:

Nami: Ebb and Flow
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Cost: 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 mana
Heal per Bounce: 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 (+0.3 per ability power)
Magic Damage per Bounce: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+0.5 per ability power)
Note* Can heal 2 of Nami's Allies without healing her. Has to be cast on allied champion to heal twice: ally → enemy → ally.

Taric: Imbue
Range: 750
Cost: 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 mana
Cooldown: 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 seconds
Heal: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+0.6 per ability power)
Self Heal: 84 / 140 / 196 / 252 / 308 (+0.84 per ability power)
*Note* Heals both ally and TaricClosest to Nami's Heal in terms of Strength

Nidalee: Primal Surge
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cost: 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 mana
Heal: 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 190 (+0.7 per ability power)
Attack Speed: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 %
*Note* Closest to Nami's Heal in terms of Heal per CDR

Sona: Aria of Perseverance
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Diameter: 1000
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Heal: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+0.25 per ability power)
Bonus Armor & Magic Resist: 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20
*Note* Heals both Sona and ally.

Alistar: Triumphant Roar
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Area of Effect: 575
Cost: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 mana
Self Heal: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+0.2 per ability power)
Heal: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+0.1 per ability power)
*Note* Heal CD reduced by 2 seconds each time a nearby enemy unit dies.

Soraka: Astral Blessing
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Range: 750
Cost: 90 / 110 / 130 / 150 / 170 mana
Heal: 70 / 140 / 210 / 280 / 350 (+0.45 per ability power)
Bonus Armor: 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105

*Off Topic Notes*
If you are one of those people who looks up my stats and tells me that I'm an idiot cause I'm not ranked or something like that. You are the reason I use an alt account to post on the forums. ^_^ I main supports. I play them almost exclusively and on my main account I have been gold rank since season 1. And I am very pleased with the changes made in season 3 in regards to playing support.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Her heal is more because it is situational and heals less than most other heals. Also Cooldown on Sona is 6s.

Nami's heal is less likely to make someone underestimate her heal and go in to "get baited" as a Taric or Nidalee's heal would.

Her heal has a lower cooldown because it heals less. Though, like sona it can target 2 people at once. Technically, though, Sona has more Heal/per/minute.

On top of such, it adds no armor or MR bonus, nor does it add attack speed.

Its a different spell, you're comparing apples to mangos.

Vizzlepeez

12-08-2012

Hes comparing different types of apples really and u should use nor not or

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

So... you're telling me that if you switched Taric's Heal with Soraka's heal, it would not be completely over powered?

You cannot compare a champion's ONE ability with another champions ONE ability.

Like the age old argument "Darius' ult is better than Garen's"

Darius ult IS better than Garen's. But Garen has a manaless kit, with a lot different spells. He has more sustain and mobility.

You cannot compare a champions one ability against another. You have to compare their entire kit.

Otherwise, you can make an argument that Yi is the most powerful character in the game, having an AOE Ability that scales 1:1 with AP. There's no other AP That can do that every 17s.

Sea Monsters

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
So... you're telling me that if you switched Taric's Heal with Soraka's heal, it would not be completely over powered?

You cannot compare a champion's ONE ability with another champions ONE ability.

Like the age old argument "Darius' ult is better than Garen's"

Darius ult IS better than Garen's. But Garen has a manaless kit, with a lot different spells. He has more sustain and mobility.

You cannot compare a champions one ability against another. You have to compare their entire kit.

Otherwise, you can make an argument that Yi is the most powerful character in the game, having an AOE Ability that scales 1:1 with AP. There's no other AP That can do that every 17s.
Nuh uh! Cho'gath has 1:1 AP, AoE, knock-up, 60% slow on 9 second cd. Cho are teh most OP!!!1!one

Fautor

12-11-2012

What's this? Someone is talking about over poweredness? Better nerf Irelia!!111!!!!11E1EVEN

Either way, getting back on the topic at hand, Nami's heal is strong, especially early game, but it uses a LOT of mana. If you use Ebb and Flow every time your friend gets dented before you have enough mana to compensate, well. You're going to have a bad time. So is the problem with many heals.

Clearly the solution is duo-Support bot lane, Soraka and Nami with an ADC of choice. Everybody wins. Except for the enemy team.