Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Slay Belle Kat Recall removed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
Obtenebrous:
Did a bunch of people get all up in arms over her being "sexualized while in Xmas attire"?

Yes; feminists and sheltered people complained about it in GD and Riot caved in.

CareBearKidd

12-09-2012

Quote:
Reynfall:
Yes; feminists and sheltered people complained about it in GD and Riot caved in.

I'm neither of the above, but I still agree that pole dancing doesn't fit the holiday theme. If the complainers were anyone of the above, Nidalee's pole dance would be removed, too, genius. Don't be ignorant.

Stark Midnight

12-09-2012

This is the PBE environment, not the place for this argument.

Altonious

12-09-2012

To any of those that say it doesn't 'fit' I suggest you go back and look at the skin. Any women dressing up like that for Christmas is trying to be sexy, the antlers do not make it fun/lighthearted as Morello tried to say it was meant to be. It's also safe to say that pole dances by nature are meant to be sexy, so it does in fact fit with the skin. Interestingly enough Morello also ended up contradicting himself, by first saying that skins do not need to fit thematically with the champion and only with itself, the pole dance fits thematically with both the skin and Kat as a character anyway, but he in a later post said that skins need to fit thematically with a character and that Kat would never pole dance. She is a female assassin, with her seemingly being based on ninjas, now if my ninja knowledge is accurate, i seem to remember that ninjas would do anything to accomplish their assassination and that female ninjas were taught extensively to use their bodies to get in close to the target, this mostly led to doing things of a sexual nature(hey look a pole dance fits in this category). A second point I would like to make against the 'Kat wouldn't do that' argument is look at her dance(I know its a pop culture thing and a throw out to Napolean Dynamite) at the end of it are two very obvious pelvic thrust, so Kat as a character is already doing something provocative in ALL of her skins anyway, so adding a pole dance animation to the recall on her 'Sexy Santa' skin(I know its called Slay Belle but look at it) is not off from Kat as a Character.

LegionofArcana

12-09-2012

since they removed it maybe doing a jingle bell dance or something like that

Xenophontes555

12-09-2012

Quote:
Benownzyew:
Morello has stated it doesnt fit the theme nor was it appropriate for it... so they coming up with a new recall animation for her

Considering the costume Kat is in makes her look like some Christmas stripper there is absolutely no reason they needed to remove that recall animation. Hell that recall animation is what I liked about it.

People keep saying stupid things like "oh they put sexualized things in this game to sell out to 14 year olds" well I'm 22 and I still think its hot. I mean they are in game characters not real people and the sooner the ignorant people can see that and stop worrying about over sexualized in this game the better.

Fake in game characters =/= real people

I am probably not gonna get this skin anymore. The reason im not either is cause riot tried to lean towards one group of people instead of just saying "its our game and if we want our characters like this we will do it like this".

I swear all this whining about characters being over sexualized is getting so freaking old.

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
Altonious:
It's also safe to say that pole dances by nature are meant to be sexy...

Well while in this current day in age it pains me to admit that this is true, pole dancing actually got it's start as combination of interpretive dance and gymnastics, even the outfit that the competitor wore was like that which you would wear while doing gymnastics.

This is just a fun fact, not me trying to start an argument.

Jesbro123

12-09-2012

Personally I didn't really care if it was in or not. Sure it did not go with the character but it DID go good with the skin.

Xenophontes555

12-09-2012

Quote:
Jesbro123:
Personally I didn't really care if it was in or not. Sure it did not go with the character but it DID go good with the skin.

If they are gonna remove that recall and claim "it doesnt fit the theme" then completely change the whole outfit. You cannot put a skin like that then say "pole dance on candy cane doesnt fit the theme"

Darth Melkor

12-09-2012

Quote:
Xenophontes555:
Considering the costume Kat is in makes her look like some Christmas stripper there is absolutely no reason they needed to remove that recall animation. Hell that recall animation is what I liked about it.

People keep saying stupid things like "oh they put sexualized things in this game to sell out to 14 year olds" well I'm 22 and I still think its hot. I mean they are in game characters not real people and the sooner the ignorant people can see that and stop worrying about over sexualized in this game the better.

Fake in game characters =/= real people

I am probably not gonna get this skin anymore. The reason im not either is cause riot tried to lean towards one group of people instead of just saying "its our game and if we want our characters like this we will do it like this".

I swear all this whining about characters being over sexualized is getting so freaking old.

This! For the love of God! THIS 100%. +1 100 times if I could.