I Made A List of Spells that Should be SmartCasted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Edge View Post
I was trying to only put the spells that are completely necessarily to have, because he uses it first it doesn't particularly save you time or hassle. it is though, one of the ones that can be smartcasted, just not necessary.
If you're never using it as an escape, you may not be playing Jax completely correctly.

Qsario

12-08-2012

RE: Janna. Maybe I'm weird, but I do NOT smartcast the shield. Why? Because getting the right person in a teamfight sucks and many times people run right through me thanks to my passive and I end up shielding myself or something dumb. Instead, I have four keys keybound to target ally 1/2/3/4, so shielding ally 1 is E+Z. That makes it convenient especially in lane, where I can memorize the combo for my ADC and shield them during someone's attack animation.

And, weird though it may seem, I _DO_ smartcast the tornado. I already know the range, only the direction matters. And if I really need to line it up (rare as that is), I have the "show smartcast ranges" thing turned on so I can just hold down Q while I line it up.

Given that I have to tornado our escape routes (or those of fleeing enemies) quite often, the fact that it takes a tiny bit less time this way is appreciated.

I just wish they'd make it easy to customize the cursor in game, because I have learned to hate the existing one and its hotspots. I should probably see if there's a program / fix for that that's any better someday.

Guy on a bus

12-09-2012

I smart cast nothing. I suppose I'll try it, but right now.. it's all hot keys for me.

Revelation22

12-09-2012

sorry.. what is SmartCasted

Qsario

12-09-2012

It's a setting where you cast the spell as soon as you press Q/W/E/R without waiting for a confirmation click. It will be cast according to wherever your cursor is at the time.

You go into options, then keybindings to turn it on or set it up.

Guy on a bus

12-09-2012

That.... sounds like a horrible setting to have.

iDpark

12-09-2012

It makes the difference in split second 1hp fights. If you've never been in a low hp fight to the death that ended up close, smart cast might not make much of a difference.

It can alos make bursting people easier.
I like mashing keys, So I don't smartcast.

Chili Pepper

12-21-2012

I smartcast everything. You get used to it and it improved my spell casting speed. I hate it when you just miss that ignite.