Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please expand the size of the PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siax7

12-08-2012

seriously though, this queue is too long, and something should be done about it

currently sitting in queue position 2245

Kanderas

12-08-2012

Why does everybody seem to think that the PBE is a service? If there's an 8 hour waiting queue to log in then there are plenty of people testing the game so why should they care if you can't get in? It's not about giving everyone a turn it's about playtesting the new content, and if there's a massive queue then there's plenty of testers.

And forcing bug reports won't accomplish anything. I started on the PBE 5 months ago now and the first bug I've ever come accross is the current flaw with Katarina, which had already recieved a dozen seperate threads to declare it when I jumped on the forum so I didn't bother with it. But by your suggestion I'd have been kicked months ago despite being a legitimate tester who just hasn't run into any issues. A better option would be to scan for accounts that are only used for a day or two after a new champion is up and delete them because chances are they're not there for actual testing but just to mess around on the new champ (though I imagine that's easier said than done).

Eletale

12-09-2012

I don't really agree with making PBE as much a playable platform as live is, but it does get really annoying when I want to test a potential Nami bug and I have to wait 3 hours to get in.

IivenotoneviI

12-09-2012

I've just left my client open, and I would agree that it causes problems. I think there should be an inactive timer on the client that logs you out automatically.

ZapMyHeart

12-09-2012

Rather than expand the server, why not start kicking people out? Quite a number of people who in the PBE are toxic players. Why are they allowed to abuse the server for free goodies and advanced playtest?

The solution would be to start linking the PBE account to our normal accounts along with the following restrictions:
1) Must be level 30 on main account
2) Getting banned on main account bans you from PBE for that same amount of time
3) Harsher punishments from PBE. Banning from PBE won't affect main account, but punishment is greater and if kicked out from PBE, the account stays linked to main account, preventing you from reusing that account to be linked to a new PBE account.

These steps would lower the amount of people in PBE because 1) Less accounts will be made to clutter up the server 2) The same toxic people won't be jumping onto another account to enter the PBE 3) They are held accountable for their actions because if they are toxic in PBE, chances are, they are toxic in their normal accounts as well.

Growth in PBE population is inevitable, but implementing these would help reduce the population somewhat and makes for a more quality environment to test for bugs and glitches.

LokiAlone

12-09-2012

Quote:
Kanderas:
Why does everybody seem to think that the PBE is a service? If there's an 8 hour waiting queue to log in then there are plenty of people testing the game so why should they care if you can't get in? It's not about giving everyone a turn it's about playtesting the new content, and if there's a massive queue then there's plenty of testers.

And forcing bug reports won't accomplish anything. I started on the PBE 5 months ago now and the first bug I've ever come accross is the current flaw with Katarina, which had already recieved a dozen seperate threads to declare it when I jumped on the forum so I didn't bother with it. But by your suggestion I'd have been kicked months ago despite being a legitimate tester who just hasn't run into any issues. A better option would be to scan for accounts that are only used for a day or two after a new champion is up and delete them because chances are they're not there for actual testing but just to mess around on the new champ (though I imagine that's easier said than done).

How about you read what people are complaining about rather you just posting replying to what you THINK we are talking about. People are wanting Riot to address people leaving their accounts logged into PBE so they don't have to sit through the long queue times. If people are keeping their accounts idle on PBE all day, there isn't much playtesting going on from them, is there? They could be replaced by a more active tester. This is why you should read what people say before you go off on them.

ImmortalShade

12-09-2012

Quote:
Level 9 Zubat:

Nah, should just be a time-limiter that if you leave the client open for a certain amount of time you get logged out automatically.

and then when you leave your comp and do something else during the login queue you come back to a message saying you have been kicked due to inactivity. It could work but i think it would create another slew of problems which could be even more rage inducing.

Vulking

12-09-2012

It would be such a problem if I could have both clients open at the same time, but I don't think they can fix that.

notFREEfood

12-09-2012

Getting kicked out upon afk I think is a better solution than requiring level 30 or increasing the size of the PBE. Right after a patch I have ZERO issues getting in. I usually go play a custom to test the new content that was released with that patch then by the time that game ends I notice that custom games are limited. When I log in during the middle of the day on a weekend I however am greeted by a massive queue. In many cases however custom games are NOT limited so that means there are a large number of players just sitting there, taking up spots that could be used by players actually wanting to play. Long queues only make this problem worse because instead of doing other players a favor and logging out if you want to do something else for an hour you remain logged in because you want to be back and playing in an hour and not have to wait another 1-2 hours in queue.