Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please expand the size of the PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siax7

12-08-2012

the title explains it all. Its just most people are having to wait 2-3 hours to get in, and usually when the queue gets this bad most people just leave there client open overnight.
riot plz

Level 9 Zubat

12-08-2012

You mean allow more people to log in at the same time so the queues are shorter?

Nah, should just be a time-limiter that if you leave the client open for a certain amount of time you get logged out automatically.

siax7

12-08-2012

Yea that could work out aswell

phar0ah1

12-08-2012

Quote:
Level 9 Zubat:
You mean allow more people to log in at the same time so the queues are shorter?

Nah, should just be a time-limiter that if you leave the client open for a certain amount of time you get logged out automatically.

I think this is a better approach. I'm assuming most ppl leave their clients on for hours on end because it took them so long to get on in the first place. This makes everyone else who is trying to get on and test have to wait longer. Make a timeout of maybe 30 minutes of idle time or something. This way others can get on and test.

RainbowBeer

12-08-2012

I may be wrong, but I think that there is a large log-in queue because the amount of people trying to access the server is much bigger than riot would want. A lot of people are logging onto the PBE, not to help with bug reports and testing, but rather because they want to be the first ones to try the new champions and/or items. In my opinion, Riot should make it that in order to keep an account on the PBE, people should HAVE to send in bug reports/feedback/etc. If an account is going online, but isnt sending in bug reports/feedback/etc., then it will either be sent a message telling them to do so, or just banned, (up to riots discretion). This way the PBE will only be used for what its meant for.
I may be way off on the actual purpose of PBE, but this is my idea.

Also, again its up to riot, but I think people like Stonewall008 (only example I could think of) should be allowed on the PBE, because they're not going on the PBE for the sole purpose of personal gain, they are also helping the community. (in a way)

IS154250a397c85fe8fca69

12-08-2012

well i was trying to log in to test stuff since Vi is out... but it passed over 8 hours now and yet still over 9000! lol

phar0ah1

12-08-2012

Quote:
BoooMBastik:
well i was trying to log in to test stuff since Vi is out... but it passed over 8 hours now and yet still over 9000! lol

WTF!! 8 hours and you still can't get in? The longest i've waited is maybe 45 mins to an hour. I think maybe something is wrong and your client froze.... That seems excessive.

InfinitelyZero

12-08-2012

Seriously, I kept the login up and went to the store because it was taking so long. I just got back 20 minutes ago (after being out for almost an hour), and I'm at around 500 now finally. There should definitely be a timeout for inactivity.

siax7

12-08-2012

So the general concesses here is that there should be an ingame inactavity timer. sounds like a plan to me

deathfrost13

12-08-2012

riot plz