Slay Belle Katarina. And you. And Morello.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pantazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engasta View Post
Subjective rationalization for a change of aesthetics convoluted by suspicions of politically correct favoritism to a vocal and nebulously defined minority. That's the very definition of an endlessly debatable subject.

I wont say her name, but lets just say she started the whole Bunny Riven thing and then started the uproar about the pole.

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Bump of Justice.

Stark Midnight

12-08-2012

Oi *******, don't steal my justice bump.

Circuit Bear

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
This post takes alot of stuff he said out >.> and the people he was quoting... I'm all for a good argument but this is very misleading...

You should just link to the original post you pulled them from

Welcome to GD, where 90% of the people who post can't read and skew everything to give false opinions. Like the poll on whether they should keep nidalees dance and kat's recall. There is no option for one of the other, which is skewed stastics. I personally would vote for lose kats and keep nid's, but I can't, thus I don't vote at all.

Flaest

12-08-2012

Reds must read this thread. OP made a solid statement, now we need answers.

Tenmar

12-08-2012

I can make a much stronger argument that if anything the reindeer antlers don't match while the candy cane recall does. Quite simply examine Kat's outfit. The primary color scheme is red/white/green, traditional holiday colors. The only brown in that outfit is the antlers. So already having a candy cane matches the color scheme. But let's examine the outfit further, her armsleeves and stockings are red and white in the same pattern of, that's right, a candy cane. So her own clothing accents the outfit as a whole. So it would make sense that it would benefit the outfit more to remove the antlers instead.

I could also go with the argument that in terms of snowdown theme that Kat matches the consistency of Riot's previous snowdown works. In previous snowdowns you have always had four categories made. The Santa skin, the scary skin, the fun skin, and finally the sexy skin. You can look back and it has always been like this. This year it's quite simple that Riot was consistent.

Santa: Veigar
Scary: Fiddle
Fun: Ziggs
Sexy: Kat

Kat's skin is of the same style as previous sexy skins who were previously Nidalee(snow bunny), MF(candy cane), Leblanc(Mistletoe) and now Kat.

As for Morello's argument. Well that is easily debunked because his examples have always consisted of designs that actually were never developed or patched on the PBE. So while he talks about a halloween skin throwing xmas trees it ignores the fact that Riot is a business and they have procedures. So this isn't a hypothetical situation he gets to debate. The debate is on a skin, and recall animation that was physically created. Which means animators had to create the concept art. Designers had to create the 3d model, and through all of Riot's meetings(to which they BRAG about that in the forums) it had to of been approved by not only other rioters but also their lead designers and artists. For all that time, money, and constant approval there was a physical product created.

So logically there is only one possible reason why to remove the animation so quickly. Social pressure.

One final note though. Kat and many other champion's current recall animations are just as erotic. Because if you examine and compare her recall animations her original is just as erotic. The xmas skin had her spin around a candy cane and then she arches her back looking up. Now, think about her original, what does she do? She gets on her knees, and arches her back and looks up to the sky. Let me retype that, she gets on her KNEES and then arches her back and looks up to the sky. So the only difference is the spin around the candy cane. So the only reason people could be offended is through object identification because they are unable to perceive the current recall animations as erotic.

LastLaughLol

12-08-2012

Bump of Justice for the Reds.

Ringo Mandingo

12-08-2012

i dont understand how pole dancing doesnt fit with this skin. just look at the way she looks, she looks like a mad ****ty ms clause. i could understand this argument if they tried to make her look wholesome but thats not the case

Malice is here

12-08-2012

Now if we start talking about this, how she is a bad ass assassin not a stripper. Well lux is a covert BUBBLY GIGGLY LIGHT MAGE she doesnt need a MANLY CLUNKY UGLY MILITARY skin