LeBlanc Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EagLeaf

12-10-2012

LeBlanc currently has a few balance issues and lacks a real reward for putting effort into learning her. I think this can be expressed in a few key issues, especially with the Season 3 changes.

Current Problems:

LeBlanc's cool downs late game mean that after a single spell rotation, she's stuck with no escapes and nothing to do. 40% cdr bandages this to some degree, but it's still an issue because her ult is still on a 14.4 second cool down and she has to sacrifice her escape rotation in order to use the damage rotation. 14 seconds might not seem like a long time, but in a team fight, 14 seconds of limited action is a significant amount of time for a mage since most team fights are won in a matter of a few seconds, not over the course of a minute.

With the introduction of HomeGuard boots, LeBlanc's laning phase has been trivialized. LeBlanc cannot burst someone down from 100-0 if she's against someone who runed and masteried appropriately, and any attempt to do so only drains LeBlanc of mana if the person has HomeGuard. It takes very little time for someone to go B and come back to mid; even if there's a push coming towards their tower, they wont lose a significant number of minions. This trivializes LeBlanc's existence. Her goal is to get a very early lead against the enemy mid lane and turn that lead into a whole team advantage by roaming. Against mids like TF, this isn't possible anymore since you'll never get a good advantage against him.

Final issue: LeBlanc's passive was meant to be used to confuse and deceive, but the short stealth duration doesn't let this happen. A well-practiced LeBlanc will be able to order her clone the moment her passive procs, but for a player who wants to learn LeBlanc, it's a very unforgiving passive. Pretty much the most basic thing you can do with her clone is have it block skill shots as you run away, but there's so much more to be desired when you're playing the deceiver.

Offered Solutions:

Late Game CDR
Weaken LeBlanc's early game and give her a relevant late game. This can be done through combinations of base damage nerfs and ratio buffs with increasing her early cool downs while decreasing her late game cool downs. This isn't going to produce an entirely satisfactory solution since LeBlanc still has the weakness of expending her escape rotation in order to do damage, but she'll have a more active role in team fights by having more spell rotations.

HomeGuard
I don't think there's a simple solution to this. It's relatively easy to rush Homeguard and trivialize all forms of harras and pushing. LeBlanc's pushing is too weak to really threaten anyone, and Homeguard lets anyone return to mid almost instantly.

Passive
Increase the stealth duration so LeBlanc has a chance to give orders to her clone and actually be the deceiver.

Stray Logos

12-10-2012

While I hate LB with a passion, and find her to still be the only champ in mid (aside from Dianna) that gives me problems, I like your solutions. LB is a well known early game monster, with absolutely absurd damage once she hits level 6, often able to bring people from 100-20/10 in one quick combo. I like your idea for weakening her early game to give her a relevant late game. That being said, have you tried building her with a focus on mpen instead of ap? I recently went against a LB mid who rushed all the mpen items she could, and no matter how much MR I build she was still instagibbing me (I was Elise).

I feel as if an mpen build for LB would assist her late game that everyone feels is trash (even though I never see it). If she gets ANY kind of buff, she needs nerfs to her early game damage.

EagLeaf

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
While I hate LB with a passion, and find her to still be the only champ in mid (aside from Dianna) that gives me problems, I like your solutions. LB is a well known early game monster, with absolutely absurd damage once she hits level 6, often able to bring people from 100-20/10 in one quick combo. I like your idea for weakening her early game to give her a relevant late game. That being said, have you tried building her with a focus on mpen instead of ap? I recently went against a LB mid who rushed all the mpen items she could, and no matter how much MR I build she was still instagibbing me (I was Elise).

I feel as if an mpen build for LB would assist her late game that everyone feels is trash (even though I never see it). If she gets ANY kind of buff, she needs nerfs to her early game damage.
I haven't played in S3 yet (bad internet), so I don't know about how good a full mpen into void staff build would be. My build for her was usually get a big item like DFG or Deathcap and start focusing on cdr so I can keep my relevance. I have tried full Mpen LeBlanc in the past, but I still had issues late game from having awkward team fight entry and dealing with Banshee's Veil.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-10-2012

It doesnt matter what leblancs cooldowns are in a teamfight. If leblanc is in the fight then the fight is over, ending, or she caught a naughty yordle sneaking off to backdoor

awesomejak

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMMUT DAWG View Post
LeBlanc currently has a few balance issues and lacks a real reward for putting effort into learning her. I think this can be expressed in a few key issues, especially with the Season 3 changes.

Current Problems:

LeBlanc's cool downs late game mean that after a single spell rotation, she's stuck with no escapes and nothing to do. 40% cdr bandages this to some degree, but it's still an issue because her ult is still on a 14.4 second cool down and she has to sacrifice her escape rotation in order to use the damage rotation. 14 seconds might not seem like a long time, but in a team fight, 14 seconds of limited action is a significant amount of time for a mage since most team fights are won in a matter of a few seconds, not over the course of a minute.

With the introduction of HomeGuard boots, LeBlanc's laning phase has been trivialized. LeBlanc cannot burst someone down from 100-0 if she's against someone who runed and masteried appropriately, and any attempt to do so only drains LeBlanc of mana if the person has HomeGuard. It takes very little time for someone to go B and come back to mid; even if there's a push coming towards their tower, they wont lose a significant number of minions. This trivializes LeBlanc's existence. Her goal is to get a very early lead against the enemy mid lane and turn that lead into a whole team advantage by roaming. Against mids like TF, this isn't possible anymore since you'll never get a good advantage against him.

Final issue: LeBlanc's passive was meant to be used to confuse and deceive, but the short stealth duration doesn't let this happen. A well-practiced LeBlanc will be able to order her clone the moment her passive procs, but for a player who wants to learn LeBlanc, it's a very unforgiving passive. Pretty much the most basic thing you can do with her clone is have it block skill shots as you run away, but there's so much more to be desired when you're playing the deceiver.

Offered Solutions:

Late Game CDR
Weaken LeBlanc's early game and give her a relevant late game. This can be done through combinations of base damage nerfs and ratio buffs with increasing her early cool downs while decreasing her late game cool downs. This isn't going to produce an entirely satisfactory solution since LeBlanc still has the weakness of expending her escape rotation in order to do damage, but she'll have a more active role in team fights by having more spell rotations.

HomeGuard
I don't think there's a simple solution to this. It's relatively easy to rush Homeguard and trivialize all forms of harras and pushing. LeBlanc's pushing is too weak to really threaten anyone, and Homeguard lets anyone return to mid almost instantly.

Passive
Increase the stealth duration so LeBlanc has a chance to give orders to her clone and actually be the deceiver.

CD isn't the problem... It doesn't matter if you can stay in the fight... Oh look I just bursted your ADC in a matter of seconds. Now just chase me like idiots thinking I have no escape while MY adc melts all of you... Aced push to win... Yay!...

EagLeaf

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomejak View Post
CD isn't the problem... It doesn't matter if you can stay in the fight... Oh look I just bursted your ADC in a matter of seconds. Now just chase me like idiots thinking I have no escape while MY adc melts all of you... Aced push to win... Yay!...
If a team is letting LeBlanc get to their AD carry so easily by late game, then they aren't very good players. Especially with the GA spam that's been happening, LeBlanc doesn't have the ability to 100-0 any smart player by late game. This issue isn't solved by letting her 100-0, it's to let her actually have team fighting capacity. You can do this by giving her more spell rotations so she can disable someone, choose to burst someone down, or run away rather than only doing one of those in a team fight.

Blueballssss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

play brand.

EagLeaf

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballssss View Post
play brand.
What? Did you even read the thread?

XxXFrostQueenXxX

12-11-2012

idk granet her late games falls off i still do pretty dam well in late game if you have a lb you better make dam well sure you have a good jublge to help you snowball like no other mage from 3-12 thats is your dominace and that will make or break your late game but in s3 deathfire is a must butafter buying deathfire i tend to build mpen but ive also found evenw ith a biug lichbane nerf its a great item q aa back of and then repeat til you can burst make q relavnt a in a team gfight aswell