Cho'gath's range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adeelos

04-17-2013

You know, I've noticed this before when playing him but never did it become so apparent as when I played mid against him. Cho's ability ranges are absolutely enormous, and the scaling is waaaay high. True, you almost never see him go mid, but his ability to hit an enemy player from lane while they're under turret is rather incomparable, from what I've seen and done as a player who mains mid.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Yea

Cho'gath is one of the most irritating champs in the entire game. His ganks are equally difficult to get away from.

Noggin Punch

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeelos View Post
Cho's ability ranges are absolutely enormous, and the scaling is waaaay high. True, you almost never see him go mid, but his ability to hit an enemy player from lane while they're under turret is rather incomparable
>Incomparable
Xerath
Kog'maw
Malzahar(bouncing E from minions to champs has huge range)
Karthus
Draven
Twisted Fate

Irish Red Cap

04-17-2013

Cho'gath has 2 abilities outside of melee range, otherwise he is forced into melee even to farm. Lets not forget unlike every other mage, his huge AP ratios come with a huge mana cost and tiny mana pool. Without blue/constant farming + mana per 5 Cho will run out of mana after 3 shots with Rupture.

Lets also not forget they nerfed his passive so he regens less mana with it than he did before, and they changed the animation for rupture so you have a convenient little circle below you that lets you know where to run to escape. Also they nerfed the duration of his silence. Do i need to keep going? Cho has been hit by nothing but nerfs lately and is still strong cause he can stand up to bruisers/mages easier than he can against other tanks. He has no issues and is pretty balanced atm.

Technician Tim

04-17-2013

yeah i rarely ever see cho go mid, but when they do, they dont lose the lane, they have too much bulk to be killed before they walk back to their tower (unless both you and your jungler has a stun, and his flash is down ganks dont even work, and if he silences you, he can walk away stuns or not)

and cho has more than enough damage (that ult) to wipe you out as soon as 1 rupture lands, they just have to get some mana pots and keep trying, eventually you will get hit by one, no matter how well you dodge, plus the silence makes him a counter to almost every mid, except for maybe quinn now that she goes there, but he isnt a big powerhouse top lane, of course diana was meant to jungle or go top, but she was nerfed for people playing her mid, zyra was meant to mid and she was nerfed when she became support, if cho keeps going mid, he will need to be balanced
too much utility/damage/bulk/sustain to be going against the squishies, never again would we see a snowballing orianna

Technician Tim

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
Cho'gath has 2 abilities outside of melee range, otherwise he is forced into melee even to farm. Lets not forget unlike every other mage, his huge AP ratios come with a huge mana cost and tiny mana pool. Without blue/constant farming + mana per 5 Cho will run out of mana after 3 shots with Rupture.

Lets also not forget they nerfed his passive so he regens less mana with it than he did before, and they changed the animation for rupture so you have a convenient little circle below you that lets you know where to run to escape. Also they nerfed the duration of his silence. Do i need to keep going? Cho has been hit by nothing but nerfs lately and is still strong cause he can stand up to bruisers/mages easier than he can against other tanks. He has no issues and is pretty balanced atm.
once you get RoA you dont have mana problems anymore, plus mid gets blue around the 10 min mark? just in time for that second kill

Peligrad

04-17-2013

Learn how to dodge rupture... Cho isn't an issue any more...

Honestly, the only time rupture should ever hit you, is if it's supported by other CC..