Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

~It was wrong to nerf Black Cleaver like this~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

12-13-2012

Quote:
Xavíer:
I agree with making the passive Unique.

Imagine this, a riven has 2 black cleavers and a last whisper.

Moves that do physical damage apply BC stacks.

Q>Basic>Q>Basic>Q and you have 5 BC stacks x2 because you have 2 items.

Thats 10 BC stacks. 10x7.5% = 75% armor reduction

Basic attacks also ignore 40% of armor from the Last Whisper.

Voila, any tank you fight is now as squishy as a caster minion.

The effect can only apply to a target as a single effect. It doesn't stack like you think it does. Stop talking as if you've even used the item, because you clearly and unequivocally haven't.

Also, the flat armor penetration should not have been nerfed in any way, shape, or form.

Dayne McNasty

12-13-2012

Quote:
Taikero:
The effect can only apply to a target as a single effect. It doesn't stack like you think it does. Stop talking as if you've even used the item, because you clearly and unequivocally haven't.

Also, the flat armor penetration should not have been nerfed in any way, shape, or form.

You're damn right I haven't used it, I see every Tom Dick and Riven build it now like it's the fabled item of items in the game.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-14-2012

H0p0nP0p

12-14-2012

Totally true. I think riot does want players to stack it then!

But still withthe nerf, bc plus lw is still strong combo atm. I fear another nerf coming soon again to them =S

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-14-2012

VoiceofTreason

12-14-2012

Quote:
Xavíer:
You're damn right I haven't used it, I see every Tom Dick and Riven build it now like it's the fabled item of items in the game.

This is such a moronic reply to a big problem that was found in your logic...

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-14-2012

unnecessary nerfs

Shimrra3

12-15-2012

BC should have been left as it was except the CDR and flat ArPen should have been made unique. The current nerf to it seems like a 50/50 split between good and bad. Having the ArPen be unique but the CDR not... doesn't make a lot of sense to me, its like we're being dared to stack them for the CDR even though we won't get the flat ArPen. I also don't see why the item turns Brutalizer's 25 damage into 50.

I say restore its ArPen (flat and the debuff) to what they were before the nerf, but leave the flat ArPen as unique, and make the CRD unique. Possibly throw some small item into its components - like another Longsword - so its recipe can cost less than 1000g, although that last part is just personal preference.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-15-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-15-2012

revert the nerfs