Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

~It was wrong to nerf Black Cleaver like this~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-08-2012

ALL that was ever needed was to make stats on Cleaver unique.

Toning down armor pen was too much. Toning down Brutalizer was WAY too much.

They also toned down the wrong numbers. Bruisers stacked it for health and damage. As an Assassin main I only EVER built just one Cleaver in my builds. Now I'm getting nerfed for abusing absolutely nothing.

H1GHR0LLA

12-08-2012

"Toning down Brutalizer was WAY too much."

Wait... too much for what? I'm not understanding why Brutalizer is a problem. It has been in the game for years. Considering AD casters already took a 3 or 4 ArPen hit from runes (factoring in that ArPen % applies first now), a 5 ArPen nerf on Brutalizer would mean... 10 less ArPen early game on AD casters.

The trade-off is a Black Cleaver, which isn't really that strong anyway, at least for the role that AD casters are supposed to fill (killing carries). I don't want to kill tanks, I don't want to be weaker early game. That is why I play AD casters--I like to be strong early game, weak late game (more or less). Why not just remove The Black Cleaver altogether? Leave Brutalizer, Yuumuu's, ArPen, etc. alone. As it is now, you're simply stealth-nerfing AD casters early game and making them stronger late game, making them more like carries.

So, weaker early game, stronger late game. Where have I heard that before? They've been doing that **** to champs like Urgot, Garen, Pantheon and Renekton for a while now. They want to make all champs equal in all parts of the game, apparently. No diversity.

Gadalar

12-08-2012

i'd understand the nerf to black cleaver but brutalizer? Really? Wtf gives.

Level 9 Zubat

12-08-2012

All they have to do it make it's passives Unique and BAM, no more BC stacking.

Black Zephyr

12-08-2012

here's hoping they'll figure this out before the patch

Talamare

12-08-2012

The issue is that the % is too high, they need to leave the flat amount alone

turulHAARP

12-08-2012

I still don't understand the change to the item?Was it not fine?It only needed a little tone down on armor decrease with each hit but now just because of the bruisers all of my builds that contained BC became worse because of the loss of attack speed.
Now there is no item with decent (50 or above) ad and at least 30% attack speed.Because god knows why MBR has been removed too instead of buffing(reworking) and now there is no choice in this section.
And of course we didn't receive the "lite" version of it Kitae's Bloodrazor on SR,let alone on PBE to test it out.
Please Riot STRONGLY CONSIDER BRINGING THAT ITEM TO SR.
Change the recipe to B.F sword and Recurve Bow and increase the cost a little bit so it gives +50 AD,+50% attack speed and the uniqe passive it currently has.

Because the current situation is pathetic.

MrCheezz

12-08-2012

Seriously, the problem was the stacking, i don't get why they won't make it unique.

turulHAARP

12-09-2012

bump

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
MrCheezz:
Seriously, the problem was the stacking, i don't get why they won't make it unique.

It's ridiculous, they're taking it way too far with these nerfs