I seriously have no idea why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamie Jeadows

12-08-2012

There's probably been a million threads like this before but...

Ranked games right... feeders, yeah its normal. But I'm not too bad, I carry most of my games, rarely lose my lane, ect. But my team always feeds. I'm currently new to ranked and i'm 4-15. 4 wins, 15 losses.
All i'm saying is, personally I go pretty good, I have a solid early game, win or tie my lane and everything good like that, but someone always feeds.
Thats not even the issue, the issue is, how come iv'e lost like 10 ranked games in a row, even though I'm going good. Why is it always the team i'm on that gets the feeders, why isn't it the opposing team? I honestly have never matched up with anybody who has fed me well.

Why does this happen, I simply have no idea on how or why this is happening. Trust me it's not me, i'm not feeding at all. I'm always atleast 1/0 by the time someone on my team feeds.

Foxling

12-08-2012

Tell me about it. I recently played my first ranked game as Volibear.
Went 11/2 and the rest of my team did pretty good too.
Still lost thanks to an AFK in late game.

I think I have the solution; Whenever you lose a game and a teammate has been AFK you should get a Loss Prevented. I know that the game knows when there is an AFK because their name shows in red after the game, so why hasn't this been implemented yet?

Mamie Jeadows

12-08-2012

Also, if someone dc's they auto-pause it for 30 secs to give them time to recconect, once my internet crashed and i came back 3 lvls under every1 else, and this is just after i got a doublekill in my bot lane.

We ended up losing :/

coolperson109

12-08-2012

If there is afk/feeder that causes there team to lose singlehandedly in everyone of your games, then odds are you win most games, since there are 4 other people on your team that they could be and 5 on the opposing team.

TmrwLand

12-08-2012

Think the only solution is to nab yourself a team and do some frequent games, you know some here and there, then it should be fine and youll start climbing up the elo ladder. lol. It's a huge difference playing solo queue than having ppl on skype with you calling mia's and talking with you personally to win games.

I wouldnt mind nabbing myself a small ranked team myself. Just so I can start playing ranked aswell with ppl I trust.

Sea Monsters

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxling View Post
Tell me about it. I recently played my first ranked game as Volibear.
Went 11/2 and the rest of my team did pretty good too.
Still lost thanks to an AFK in late game.

I think I have the solution; Whenever you lose a game and a teammate has been AFK you should get a Loss Prevented. I know that the game knows when there is an AFK because their name shows in red after the game, so why hasn't this been implemented yet?
I remember reading about this somewhere before... If I recall correctly, Riot doesn't do this because it could lead to abuse cases were a team member "takes the hit" for a legitimately losing team by leaving the game. Consider a duo queue that wins 50% of their games (they're both at their true elo.) By taking turns leaving when they lose, this duo queue has halved their elo loss. Thus they will gain net elo over time despite only winning 50% of the time. The end result is that they are cheating the system and ending up higher than they ought to be.

Now, if you look at the current system, the math actually works out in your favor when it comes to trolls and afks. Assuming you never troll and never afk, there are 5 chances for the enemy team to have a troll/afk while you only have 4 chances on your own team. This isn't as obvious to newer players because of the low amount of games played and being unlucky at the start can leave a really bad first impression. While it does take a lot of time to climb up after losing a bunch of placement matches, it is easily doable within the time span of a season (about one year.)

A few words of warning, though:

1) Don't mistake "max elo" for true elo. Just like how luck can drop you to below where you belong, it can also bring you higher than where you should be.
2) Don't look at your performance in normals as a sign of where you belong in ranked. So you beat a diamond-ranked player... For all you know, that player could be trying new champs, or they're just playing for fun rather than trying to win.
3) Don't think that having superior mechanical skills means you do not belong in your elo. Winning a game is more than just out-laning or killing loads of people. Your final goal is to blow up the enemy nexus while preventing your own nexus from going up in flames. Think about how to get this done in every game. I'd be happy to go in more depth on this point. Just ask.
4) There are a lot of people that appear to be trolls that are actually either really bad players or people that have given up. If it's the former, give them advice and encouragement. If it's the latter, start to assume the mantle of leadership. Show them the game is still within their grasp. Often times, a glimmer of hope will be enough to rally your team.

Edit: I realized that I probably didn't answer the OP's question. The short answer is that you're probably not a major contributor to your losses, but you probably are not a major contributor to victory either.