Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi is too small.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergheis

12-08-2012

On more of a readability issue, it makes it hard to notice her.

As opposed to Poppy, who is in shining gold and is a distinguishable dot coming at you, Vi doesn't really stand out. She isn't an Olaf or a Riven, both of whom you can see clearly as a threat when they're coming at you, without even needing to cast any spells.

It's not like this is some huge thing; when Vi is charging at doing things, you definitely take notice of her. The only problem is her classic color scheme isn't as vibrant and flashy as Jayce, and it could use that. That, or her gauntlets could be just a bit more bigger/have things added to it.

Of course, if there are some particle effects that haven't been added in yet, then this whole point is silly, but I might as well let it be known.

Archdmon

12-08-2012

Small? She has supermodel legs and Popeye forearms.

Ergheis

12-08-2012

Her model and presence is small.

Compare to Kayle. Kayle is noticeable. Riven stands out, Olaf stands out.

Vi might have huge gauntlets, but she is very "compact." This is a common thing for boxers, it's not her fault.

To contrast, Udyr is huge, has a very large wardrobe (those hats), and moves very openly. So does Lee Sin.

And to help make my point, Vi's Neon skin is perfectly fine. Most gold champions stand out easily without working too hard. See: Poppy.

Believeinsteve

12-08-2012

Just no

This is kind of an absurd thing to complain about unless your legit color blind.

Archdmon

12-08-2012

<<colorblind

Ergheis

12-08-2012

Quote:
Believeinsteve:
Just no

This is kind of an absurd thing to complain about unless your legit color blind.

Uh no, complaining about boob size is an absurd thing to complain about.

Readability is important, I just dont know if it goes here or not. Her classic skin does not stand out currently the way other champions do, or her Neon skin does. Nothing SHINES from it, nothing sticks out, nothing shakes to get your attention and tell your head "This one is Vi." The only thing that does is her Gauntlets, so I'm asking if they can stand out a little bit more. I'm assuming some particles aren't out yet.

Believeinsteve

12-08-2012

Vi's model looks pretty much finished. She just needs tuning is all.

I still think this is absurd to complain about. If it requires just a bit more concentration to do something somebody will complain about it. I guess today that had to be you.

I have no trouble seeing an opposing vi in a teamfight, with or without the classic skin. Obviously the non-classic skin makes it easier, but that'll bring me back to the concentration subject I was on.

Honestly, maybe a particle effect of some sort, but that could cause loads of problems that would delay her by an unnecessary amount.

PizzaRice

12-08-2012

Ide agree with you if it wasnt for her huge gauntlets and that pink hair.

Killua ZoIdyck

12-08-2012

Girl jesus Mcrobot hands isn't going to get bigger because she has to stay roughly the same size as Caitlyn and every other Piltover citizen. Her gloves could be made bigger, but they might look to comical if enlarged anymore.

Dark Reiora

12-09-2012

Quote:
ProfCatLady:
Girl jesus Mcrobot hands isn't going to get bigger because she has to stay roughly the same size as Caitlyn and every other Piltover citizen. Her gloves could be made bigger, but they might look to comical if enlarged anymore.

Enlarging isn't the only thing that can be done, look at Jayce. He's not that big, but he's got a really really shiny hammer. You notice that.