Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@IronStylus, Steel Legion Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Dear Parrot,

In order to appease the masses, rework it into a Diana skin and everyone will be happy...because that armor with some cool particle effects would be awesome. Give her white hair, put some moons on it and make her weapon different and bam! DIANA SKIN! (Obviously, it needs new animations to fit her skeleton, so it's not that easy.)

kthxbye


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkest Giggle

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Thank you Iron ^^ and Thank you to the person who made this post i love seeing logical and constructive criticism instead of the usual grumblings


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

An Upset Zombie

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Weird, I greatly dislike all of her other skins and I thought this one looked pretty neat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderForHegemon

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Dear Parrot, having taken a look at the unfinished PBE product, I can say without a doubt that the most jarring and incongruent part of the skin is the original voiceover. It's a handsome skin imho, but Lux NEEDS to sound appropriately down to earth in order to pull it off. As it stands it feels like if Lulu got a Darth Vader voiceover, but her skin was unchanged. They just dont jive man!

But to balance criticism with undying love for Riot, lemme tell you that Arclight Varus was an instabuy for me! The splash art is out of this world, and though I think he could have gone shirtless, it's a terrific skin. The particles feel way BETTER than the original skin, to the point that I actually feel myself last-hitting better in lane. Terrific skin <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Piggypixie:
Thank you Iron ^^ and Thank you to the person who made this post i love seeing logical and constructive criticism instead of the usual grumblings


Meh no sense in hating on it. I did enough of that in those threads. What Zileas likes to call a "fake outrage."

Might as well roll with it and actually try to get a worthwhile Lux skin for once.
iirc, Imperial was just randomly released with no prior word and Commando was basically made to just fit the theme so there really wasn't any chance to provide criticism during the creation processes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

12-08-2012

(If anyone is interested in Steel Legion Diana, go show your support here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2879869)

My hope is that they would re-purpose the skin and then make a cute one for Lux like everyone wants. I mean, they did a rainbow one with Arcade Sona, so why can't Lux have a similarly vivid one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uiraya

Senior Member

12-08-2012

I seem to recall that Lux's original designer is no longer with Riot. Is that correct? I assume it must be, because literally every single change that has happened to her this year has been awful. It's like not a single person knows who this character is anymore. Let's recap:

-No good skin since launch, and even then, Sorceress vs Spellthief is a discussion of which is less bad.

-Finales Funkeln debacle. Okay, you want something pronounceable. It didn't need to be pronounceable and lame. The eventual "compromise" is accepted simply because we're sick of arguing about it.

-New default splash is atrocious. And while on the topic of splashes, champions frequently get awful Chinese splashes put into the game, but when actual good Chinese splashes exist (Chinese Spellthief and Sorceress are breathtaking) they are ignored. Why?

-I can't wait to see just HOW GOOD these particles are going to be to make up for how boring this new skin appears. Light? No. Color? No. Optimism? No. Cute? No. Magic? No. Gun metal grey and dog **** brown? CHECKMARK. What the hell? Why not an actual Christmas skin, since it's showing up with a bunch of other Christmas skins? There are already cute ideas on the board for these. And if "Lux is now Iron Man and/or a robot" was your inspiration, you're still going to need to use some paint at some point to make that work. (Iron Man is red and yellow. Incidentally, so is Samus. That one's free.) The recall animation is nice. Nobody's paying money for a recall animation.

As it is, it would be better if we got NO new skin, since logic dictates that we will now be waiting ages just for another -possibility- of a good Lux skin (the first) in the future. If Riot is going to continue to fumble around in the dark over who this character is supposed to be, I would much rather have the splashes fixed (old NA default, Chinese S/ST, nobody cares about the others) and then have her be left alone.
~Uiru


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Such League Wow

Senior Member

12-08-2012

@IronStylus

Lux has a very unique status in the League - she has the ability of male players NOT wanting to bone her because she's hot. She has the unique perception of being a kid-sister; someone we adore, but at the same time, don't fantasize about. That's not easy to come by in the gaming community, and I think Lux was done exceptionally well in this aspect.

However, the military-style skins is stale. Commando Lux was all we needed (even if it was an EXTREMELY poorly done skin). What we as a playerbase want, is more cute, bright, and colorful Lux. Something that matches her personality. She definitely needed a militaristic skin, no one is denying that - and Imperial Lux matched that quota perfectly. But really, one is all we needed. What about the awesome suggestions of Lux skins such as Hextech Lux or even Pulsefire Lux?

For someone who has control of all the colors of the rainbow, do you REALLY feel that gray is most fitting for her?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Uiraya:
The recall animation is nice. Nobody's paying money for a recall animation.

Well, unless in special cases.

In which they get removed.

Sorry, could not resist :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raburi

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Uiraya:
I seem to recall that Lux's original designer is no longer with Riot. Is that correct? I assume it must be, because literally every single change that has happened to her this year has been awful. It's like not a single person knows who this character is anymore. Let's recap:

-No good skin since launch, and even then, Sorceress vs Spellthief is a discussion of which is less bad.

-Finales Funkeln debacle. Okay, you want something pronounceable. It didn't need to be pronounceable and lame. The eventual "compromise" is accepted simply because we're sick of arguing about it.

-New default splash is atrocious. And while on the topic of splashes, champions frequently get awful Chinese splashes put into the game, but when actual good Chinese splashes exist (Chinese Spellthief and Sorceress are breathtaking) they are ignored. Why?

-I can't wait to see just HOW GOOD these particles are going to be to make up for how boring this new skin appears. Light? No. Color? No. Optimism? No. Cute? No. Magic? No. Gun metal grey and dog **** brown? CHECKMARK. What the hell? Why not an actual Christmas skin, since it's showing up with a bunch of other Christmas skins? There are already cute ideas on the board for these. And if "Lux is now Iron Man and/or a robot" was your inspiration, you're still going to need to use some paint at some point to make that work. (Iron Man is red and yellow. Incidentally, so is Samus. That one's free.) The recall animation is nice. Nobody's paying money for a recall animation.

As it is, it would be better if we got NO new skin, since logic dictates that we will now be waiting ages just for another -possibility- of a good Lux skin (the first) in the future. If Riot is going to continue to fumble around in the dark over who this character is supposed to be, I would much rather have the splashes fixed (old NA default, Chinese S/ST, nobody cares about the others) and then have her be left alone.
~Uiru

This x1000