Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus, Steel Legion Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

12-08-2012

Quote:
Imalia:
Though I will say they can fix that problem easily just by giving her a lighter and shinier shade of silver or platinum and her traditional royal purple or navy blue highlights rather than gunmetal grey and brown.

tl;dr: I have no issue with the concept, I'm just hoping for a good design with colors that pop rather than meld.

This would help a great deal.

It LOOKS like commando Lux to me, one drab color over the entire body. At least Imperial had multiple colors.

TheChineseOne

12-08-2012

I hate how they give my favorite champion the worst skins! The release skins are better than the new ones in my opinion. Commando and Imperial; then Steel Legion? We get it she's part of the Demacian Military but she's also a LIGHT mage. Give her a skin that gives new particle effects and an amazing outfit to compensate for her concept. Or be risky and give her a skin that contradicts her like galio's legendary. Make her brutally honest like Zed and have her light "obliterate" all that it passes.

LaCorpse

12-08-2012

bump

Talgarn

12-08-2012

My problem is that the skin is inconsistent. As of now on the PBE is has her normal rainbow particles, but when you look at her she is darker and slightly robotic. She doesn't give off the happy vibe that goes with her normals skins particles. If those things were changed I might consider buying the skin, but still too many similar themes in a row :/

lilikitten

12-08-2012

Bump because Lux needs something different...

Eletale

12-08-2012

@Ironstylus: This might be the right moment to flip tables, write "THIS ****ING COMMUNITY IS UNBELIAVABLE" and ragequit forums. No one would blame you if you do.

1st HanarSpectre

12-08-2012

Quote:
Talgarn:
My problem is that the skin is inconsistent. As of now on the PBE is has her normal rainbow particles, but when you look at her she is darker and slightly robotic. She doesn't give off the happy vibe that goes with her normals skins particles. If those things were changed I might consider buying the skin, but still too many similar themes in a row :/

Yeah, that's because the new particle have not been uploaded yet. They confirmed that she would get new ones.

Reaganomics

12-08-2012

Quote:
Eletale:
@Ironstylus: This might be the right moment to flip tables, write "THIS ****ING COMMUNITY IS UNBELIAVABLE" and ragequit forums. No one would blame you if you do.

Actually I would because our message has been simple for a long time: We don't like Military Lux.

If they quit because we complain when we get another military Lux skin, after we stated very clearly we did not like the last two, than that's just them giving up and not listening to a very clear message.

winniekinz

12-08-2012

Quote:
angelpants:
@ironstylus

lux has a very unique status in the league - she has the ability of male players not wanting to bone her because she's hot. She has the unique perception of being a kid-sister; someone we adore, but at the same time, don't fantasize about. That's not easy to come by in the gaming community, and i think lux was done exceptionally well in this aspect.

However, the military-style skins is stale. Commando lux was all we needed (even if it was an extremely poorly done skin). What we as a playerbase want, is more cute, bright, and colorful lux. Something that matches her personality. She definitely needed a militaristic skin, no one is denying that - and imperial lux matched that quota perfectly. But really, one is all we needed. What about the awesome suggestions of lux skins such as hextech lux or even pulsefire lux?

For someone who has control of all the colors of the rainbow, do you really feel that gray is most fitting for her?

^ this 100%.

Imalia

12-08-2012

Actually, I looked at the model again in action just now and honestly, I think it's the best looking military themed skin she's gotten so far. They took my advice on having light silver plates and gold highlights without me even realizing it. If her pants were her old blue color rather than grey, the entire outfit would easily come off as a sleek efficient version of her frankly kind of silly looking old armor. I think it's fine to ask for something more lighthearted but I think y'all are picking the wrong battle here and throwing the baby out with the bath water. The model looks great in game, ship it, I'd say.