so any other irelia mains

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhico

12-08-2012

Yeah i found she is a lot weaker, maybe its time to stop going full tank and get more dmg, maybe build her more assassin like?

It Was Luck

12-08-2012

zerker greaves and zephyr my friend.

MichaeI Jaxon

12-08-2012

I build her more assassin like, with a lot of key components on her items being nerfed, it's completely unviable to build certain items against bruisers in top.
I mean, Randuins is the biggest "Hey **** you Irelia!" item in the game, it negates her attack speed (GG Hiten Style) if she tries to fight, as well as her movement speed. On top of it, it gives a ****LOAD of health to counter her Hiten Style. For all those who don't know, the best way to itemize against her when she built AS was to have a lot of HP.
And then it also gives armor, you know, because screw you and your autoattacks

Note: By assassin-like, I don't mean Talon-style 4 BT + LW, I mean throwing in some high damage items with HP to retain some bruiser-like qualities.

Ralik098

12-08-2012

Here are a couple other threads on the same thing.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2874562
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2870722

Basically the TLDR of it is no one knows until the new items are figured out.

Shyvana420

12-08-2012

Iria main here! Add me in game and maybe we can teach other a few things!

Game name same as forum name. Cheers

And it was K

12-08-2012

._. Offensively, I feel the same, but I feel like building defense just doesn't work out so well.

I'm not even sure about Triforce anymore. Sheen procs with her ult is great, but I'm tempted to try like Mallet + Zephyr or something.

ZakaBreezy

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
These guys on the forums are going to downvote you because from their 10 irelia games they're experts and clearly they know better than wickd about irelia builds.
Yea i remember back when i first started playing irelia and i would just rush tri force and ga just because "it was what you were supposed to get on her." then the more i played her the more i realized how she works, you basically want as many attacks as possible during your w uptime. Would win any trade if i got the stun in :(

It really sucks that this factor of what made irelia so amazing is gone because of how crappy the new AS items are (try rushing zephyr in a game, its so expensive you're gonna have a bad time) plus with the nerf to resistences ppl just stack hp which is a big **** you to irelia. Also with how easy it is to get wardens mail :(

It seems morello finally won and got irelia nerfed to the ground. Gg irelia, ill never forget our time together, our countless dives with 1.9AS watching the squishies die in seconds, and our countless ionic spark procs :(

jadeking

12-08-2012

Get zephyr its really ****ing strong on irelia.

Surgo

12-08-2012

The problem I've had with Irelia has been her early game. Last season your enemy could only knock 2 flat damage off her auto attack, this season it's 8 (through Block and the changed Doran's Shield). That has...really thrown me off.

In theory her late should still be fine thanks to the new items, but getting there has been a problem.

Ixbpoqdxl

12-08-2012

I've been trying out mallet, attack speed boots, and zephyr recently with some of the tenacity mastery points (phage/stinger early if it's a safe lane). I'm not really sure if it's effective, but on another note, I do really like new randuins on her.

But im not an expert.

Unranked master race.