Teemo nerfs, really?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

12-08-2012

I was looking some stuff at surrender@20 and i found this: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...be-update.html

All great, new stuff, nice skins, new champ, awesome!

Then i see...

Teemo

Toxic Shot's intial damage ratio reduced to .3 AP from .4.
Noxus Trap damage reduced to 200/325/480 from 200/400/600

Lol, really? i mean did Riot really decided to nerf Teemo just because there's a bunch of noobs crying about his damage? people who prefeer to cry instead of learning to counter champions? people who cry about shroom's damage but can't stop wandering around the jungle alone or even buy an oracle's?, Teemo has been an underpowered champ for a really long time and when finally he gets some help from the new items they decide to NERF HIM AGAIN ?! and come on, his shrooms? lol, Riot is disappointing.

Probably all the people who is crying about Teemo are the same people who cry about Darius being OP.

PD.: Yes, this is a rage thread, get over it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Teemo is getting nerfed because of Liandry's in SR and BFG in TT, I'm a Teemo main admitting it is too powerful mind you. I would have hoped that they nerfed the damage on Liandry's and BFG instead, but it seems otherwise, oh well, we will cope.

Edit: Oh, also because they nerfed oracles.

Tsabo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Teemo is getting nerfed because of Liandry's in SR and BFG in TT, I'm a Teemo main admitting it is too powerful mind you. I would have hoped that they nerfed the damage on Liandry's and BFG instead, but it seems otherwise, oh well, we will cope.
But they have to understand that not everyone plays him AP, there are people who play him Bruiser, Tanky, Hybrid, AP is just one of all of his builds, and to me one of the worst ones, his supposed damage can be countered pretty easy, i just don't get it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
But they have to understand that not everyone plays him AP, there are people who play him Bruiser, Tanky, Hybrid, AP is just one of all of his builds, and to me one of the worst ones, his supposed damage can be countered pretty easy, i just don't get it.
So you're upset about an AP ratio nerf when you don't like AP Teemo?

I can understand missing 120 out of 600 damage on your free wards that last 10 minutes, except with that sentence alone I've pointed out that Teemo's shrooms aren't purely for damage. Unless you build him AP, they're much more for utility.

Yeah, I don't like Teemo nerfs but they've got a good reason to do it.

Tsabo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
So you're upset about an AP ratio nerf when you don't like AP Teemo?

I can understand missing 120 out of 600 damage on your free wards that last 10 minutes, except with that sentence alone I've pointed out that Teemo's shrooms aren't purely for damage. Unless you build him AP, they're much more for utility.

Yeah, I don't like Teemo nerfs but they've got a good reason to do it.
I play him hybrid, i get AP too..

And that's not the point, all Teemo's greatness comes early game, and shrooms are a great part of that greatness, with that nerf it'll be harder to burst down people.

Jamaree

12-08-2012

I play him on hit/Tanky DPS, while I'm sad to see the damage go and it will make it a bit harder to trade aganist Tanky DPS that have gap closers, I will adapt. As long as they don't nerf the duration they are out, I'm fine with it personally.

Kagami

12-08-2012

Quote:
Shrooms got buffed by oracles being worse... so hit to their damage seems pretty fair to me and other nerf doesn't effect non-AP teemo much.

Quote:
I play him hybrid, i get AP too..

And that's not the point, all Teemo's greatness comes early game, and shrooms are a great part of that greatness, with that nerf it'll be harder to burst down people.
The shroom early game damage is exactly the same.

wiedzmak

12-08-2012

so what teemo getting nerf? He was most announg top chapion i ever played against. And "being not fun to play against" is reason for nerfs for some other champions like rengar, yorick.
Imk more concerned why they nerfing Yi's alpha strike... he is up, his jungle speed was always medicore at best and now he getting nerf?No idea why

TFFoS

12-08-2012

They are buffing his alpha strike, if you read it carefully. qq

TFFoS

12-08-2012

And to show the math..

Quote:
Alpha Strike's change to damage minions changed to 50% chance at all ranks from 20/30/40/50/60% chance.
Alpha Strike's bonus magic damage to minions changed to 260/320/380/440/500 damage from 400 at all ranks.
400*.2=80
400*.3=120
400*.4=160
400*.5=200
400*.6=240

260*.5=130
320*.5=160
380*.5=190
440*.5=220
500*.5=250

Not only is the average damage greater at every rank, but It is more consistent.
The biggest problem with jungle Yi was relying on random chance to proc that alpha strike. They are definitely moving in the right duration with it.

12345 ... 6