Riot Your New Queue System Has Arrived

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoeHammerJT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Dear Riot,

The players have elected a Meta Game to stay. They will not have their minds changed or try new things.

You try to be a flexible company, so it's time to upgrade your queue system.

Current System Broken Down:
- Join a random 5 man queue
- Spend the first 5 minutes of character selection screen petitioning, arguing, cursing, swearing about which of the meta roles you will get to play.
- Then one of two things happens:
- A miracle, and the team actually still plays well together
- More commonly, you spend the game lamenting how much better you could have preformed in role "X"

The Solution Broken Down:

-Queue based on the meta slot you want to play!
-Please note you queue based on lane placement, not champion type. (I.e.) Solo Mid Lane, not AP Carry. There is a big difference and I want to be clear.
-The team is free to swap roles and/or establish a different strategy in game.
-Allow people to queue as 'Filler' and be given a spot to fill a team faster.
-Obviously those that queue for support will play much faster and those that queue for mid or top will have to wait longer.
-Provide a pre-game start "Role Violation" report opportunity for players to use for those queueing and trolling
-This will encourage people to learn other roles and make character selection sooooooooooo much smoother.
-Leave a standard queue for normal games so people that want to be the exception can experiment.

Please comment and promote this idea to improve the experience and teamwork we all have when playing League!

LilBigBlue

01-13-2013

I strongly agree with this, but this feature should only be for 20+ or in Draft Pick/Ranked as many low levels wouldn't understand this concept. I have had my position stolen becos I chose to do Crit plank mid, its just frustrating and this could make the current one better

MrFeelg00d

01-13-2013

Could not agree more. In fact, I was getting on here tonight (never been on the forums before) to rage about how AWFUL ranked games are, partially due to this problem, but also how I can completely destroy my lane, and be the only reason we don't lose sooner, and I still lose points just because I got stuck with bad teams.

I'm sick and tired of Solo queuing and getting stuck with TERRIBLE players, or kids who just throw my games/go afk/are playing a champion for the first time in a RANKED GAME. Then I get stuck at a awful ELO because I can't get away from these terribles.

You should find a way to make your ELO have something to do with your personal stats as well. Because I almost ALWAYS win my lane, and then the rando's on my team ruin my games, and I'm getting completely sick of it

DrMarvinRubdown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

the problem with this is that it makes lane swapping difficult, strategies that are popular like putting adc/support top and bruiser bot would be much more difficult. also this opens up JUST as much room for trolling, say support is in high demand people will queue as that just to get a game quickly and play who they want regardless. A game like LoL is constantly changing and such a rigid queue system would be unpopular and far too constricting.

FirstChoice

01-14-2013

Well, there's contradiction in here. You say Riot is a flexible company, but then you say that they should lock the games into inflexible positions. Creative strategies such as a double top lane to shut down a specific champion as well as giving bot lane a strong 2v1 laner won't be supported. The problem with this is that this will say "the meta is the ONLY thing you should do, and the ONLY thing you can do. It is the right way, and nothing else is."