Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unintentionally Feeding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tadrage

12-08-2012

What should you do if you are unintentionally feeding? I am currently only about 15 and I was in a game with at least one 30 this evening. They were playing how I believe the ranked games are played. So I was soloing the top against 2 summoners. In the lower levels I have never been left on my own to defend a duo. I don't know all the champions names yet so I couldn't tell you which ones I was defending against. They got a kill on me, then another, and another and it just started snowballing. I basically feel like I ruined the game for our team. Not too mention this has happened to me before and with the actual trolls (which I have seen) players begin to claim you are grieving. I really like to play Garen and I am usually fairly aggressive but what should I do in situations like this? I don't like letting my team down and I don't throw games to ruin someone else's.

Necrotic Frost

12-08-2012

Well first, generally the ranked games have atleast one person jungling which leaves the top lane as a solo lane. So if they were double laning top they werent following the ranked strategies. As a solo lane in a blind pick if that happens where it is 1v2 you would need to play incredibly passively in order not to "feed". You should be solely focused on getting CS and buying gp10 items in order to offset the lack of cs you will get. Generally the duo will be able to zone you our pretty well which will put garen at a instant disadvantage because he's not ranged. The key thing to remember is to stay close enough to your minions that your getting exp, and you can pickup a last hit every now and then. In lane phase you dont need to get kills, you just need to stay alive, if that means hugging the turret then so be it. The advantage you have is that since your a solo lane and they are duo, you will recieve exp at a quicker rate, so if you play your cards right you can start bullying after you get a gank from your jungle.

draxyy

12-08-2012

what he said man, just play passive until your jungler comes into help u

Tadrage

12-08-2012

Alright that makes sense. Yeah, our team had a jungler and me soloing top. Enemy team was playing how most the low level games go. Low levels don't ever have a jungler.

HalcyonicHS

12-08-2012

And for good reason. Don't force jungling in low level games - the lack of runes and masteries make it pretty harsh, and a lot of champions can't get by their first clear. It's better to force another duo lane at top.

Uncanny Doom

12-08-2012

It's very common to see players who don't know how to play differently when they're behind or losing in lane. You simply have to respect the difference in items or level that your opponent has on you. If you come into lane and you're two levels down or your enemy laner has a significant item on you, then you have to play very safe and probably won't be able to get back into the game without a roaming kill or a gank from a teammate. However, don't make the mistake of doing nothing but roaming and letting your opponent free farm. This is something I see all the time with people. They will be losing lane and try to get fed off kills, but they already fed their opponent and he's getting easy CS on top of it, and it's just not going to balance out most of the time.

Some champions are better at 2v1 lanes than others, and honestly at low level like that it's not a good idea to solo top or jungle unless the person in each respective role knows what to do when there's a 2v1 lane. The top player should be prepared for a 2v1 match-up and the jungler simply needs to gank because a 2v1 lane will naturally push to the tower. Your job is to survive until that happens with enough hp for your jungler to make a play on the lane. I would recommend picking up some champions that are a little more efficient at a 2v1 top if you are going to have a jungler at low levels. Some examples would be Rumble, Gangplank, Wukong, Cho'Gath, Vladimir, and Kayle.

Tadrage

12-08-2012

Thanks for the tips uncanny. Hopefully I am not put in that position again. I do enjoy playing Garen, but maybe I should feel out some more champs. I bought the $5 boost card that Riot offers so I will tinker around with those champs and the weeklies.