Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do people claim ELO Hell doesn't exsist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gildash

12-08-2012

For luls?

EyeHearShapes

12-08-2012

The reason Elo Hell is real is because when ur playing with bad players at low elos they are more likely to make mistakes ie get caught , steal blue , not cooperate . One player getting caught can cause even a very fed person on a good team to lose . Basically why elo hell is real is because winning is more random not just based on having a good team .
P.S elo hell is escapable . Just do well every game and keep a ratio above 3
This IS the reason elo hell exists , it undeniable and irrefutable.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

Quote:
EyeHearShapes:
The reason Elo Hell is a myth is because when ur playing against bad players at low elos they are more likely to make mistakes ie get caught , steal blue , not cooperate . One player getting caught can cause even a very fed person on a good team to lose .

I fixed your post.

EyeHearShapes

12-09-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
I fixed your post.

You did nothing to refute my argument .
My point is that winning is more random because a player making a game ending mistake happens more at low elos . You can be a good player do very well all game but still have one player mess the game up and cause a 4 v 5 .
Although i believe in elo hell i also believe that in the end if you play well every game ,you'll come out on top and be a better player for your elo hell exprience.
Hope that makes sense english is not my first language

PewPoPew12

12-09-2012

I mean honestly if you are that good you should beable to take advantage of it if you win your lane push and help another lane I main top or mid and as soon as i get a kill i clear way and go to another lane usually grabbing another kill and getting back to my lane as the tower kills off the last of my minions pushing back towards me. If you can't carry a game your probably in the right elo.

Asellas

12-09-2012

Heh, I really dunno if this argument is applicable really, everyone that plays league of legends is prone to having good games, and bad games. You can carry a game very well, and than again not get a kill the next game. It is all teamwork based, sure lane phase ya'll have your lanes and you fight it out until a tower goes down with ganks and such, but once the team fighting starts, all bets are off. Its all in the teamwork of how you position, and act in the fight according to your teammates. Thus communication and focus is key. A lot of games, I've been in or see, one wrong move on who is focused in team fights can change the games out come. Sure you can get the trolls occasionally, yet no one will ever be 100% perfect at this game. Not saying you can't be great at the game but, we're all human, and making mistakes is in our nature. Best bet is to find a team that you can click with and have good team work and work your way up the ranks, maybe slow but you have to keep in mind you can't win every game. Sure everyone wants too but hey, its a game to have fun with as well.

Brycearoni

12-09-2012

Quote:
Balls on Point:
Also, Brycearoni, I did happen to look at your stats.

I saw you had a Lee Sin game that was 41 minutes and you went 6-21-20.

21 deaths in 41 minutes? Isn't that an average of about 1.30 minutes per life? (roughly accounted for rezz time and run back time).

If you watch some of these tournament games, a lot of them go 10 minutes before getting a first blood. It's the reason the crowd goes crazy when it happens.

That was a normals game.. Lol. I troll every normal game w/ my friends.

Axle the Beast

Recruiter

12-09-2012

If you're upset about having bad teams, why not friend every good player you find and make a team with them?

LogicalTautology

12-09-2012

Quote:
EyeHearShapes:
You did nothing to refute my argument .
My point is that winning is more random because a player making a game ending mistake happens more at low elos . You can be a good player do very well all game but still have one player mess the game up and cause a 4 v 5 .
Although i believe in elo hell i also believe that in the end if you play well every game ,you'll come out on top and be a better player for your elo hell exprience.
Hope that makes sense english is not my first language

Over a significant number of games, one of the following is true. Literally no exceptions.

1) You have just as many games as anyone else where you feed/troll/go afk.
2) The other team has a player who feeds/trolls/goes afk 25% more often than your team does
3) Your attitude causes people to feed/troll/go afk.

EyeHearShapes

12-09-2012

Quote:
LogicalTautology:
Over a significant number of games, one of the following is true. Literally no exceptions.

1) You have just as many games as anyone else where you feed/troll/go afk.
2) The other team has a player who feeds/trolls/goes afk 25% more often than your team does
3) Your attitude causes people to feed/troll/go afk.

This still does not refute my argument. I did not mention trolls ect.
People claiming trolls feeders ect are misusing the term elo hell. Since both teams are just as likely to have trolls .
My point was that bad players tend to make more mistakes. These mistakes cannot be given a variable because they are random . It's fair to say that one mistake at lets say late game can be game costing even if your team was up by a fairly high margin . To simplify it is a bad player will make more mistakes then a high elo player . Mistakes equal random outcomes to games that should be easy wins .
Btw i am a hardened veteran of elo hell and have racked about many wins and losses between the elos of 900 and 1350 . My experienced has shaped my opinion on this topic.