@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raburi

12-10-2012

YOU SHALL NOT PASS page 1

UnsafeNormal

12-10-2012

I refuse to let this be anywhere but the front page.

aliasdaikon

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i've acknowledged the sentiments of the thread (and i'm continuing to follow along so i hear as many points of view as possible), but what's the 'straight question' that you want answered you feel hasn't been addressed?

The question I have is very simple, why are you guys producing subpar(at best) skins like steel legion lux when there are so many different, excellent, community suggestions for lux skins, or just awesome skin ideas in general?

The community came up with bunnygirl riven, how well did that skin do?

Honestly, I think the hextech theme is the best theme you guys have come up with. It has a little of everything, it's inventive, unique and taps into the current steampunk trend. There is something very appealing about the steampunk look, and you guys have done a great job capturing that for different champions.

I also think that beyond rococo orianna(which is the best fan art I've ever seen for lol, you guys must get a team on this skin immediately[http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...g-d5hrc7z.jpg]), you guys shouldn't produce a single skin that the community hasn't thrown at you. There is so much fan generated concept skin art out there that you should have all the skin ideas you could ever want. The community upvotes skin ideas based on popularity, even in a money making business it would be a good idea to follow that model and produce whatever the community says it likes.

Nhero

12-10-2012

Bump. Need better Lux skins please.

Thealbinohippo

12-10-2012

Quote:
i've acknowledged the sentiments of the thread (and i'm continuing to follow along so i hear as many points of view as possible), but what's the 'straight question' that you want answered you feel hasn't been addressed?
honestly, your just replying to everyone with more questions, can we get a red that can answer some questions?

Blues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

bamps.

AboutTenPandas

12-10-2012

What I don't understand is that if you're already committed to making a mech-themed skin for lux, why not just go all the way and make a pulsefire one. You have to admit that it would be both in higher demand, and a much bigger seller, based off the apparent popularity of pulsefire ezreal.

I don't even play lux, and I could come up with different pulsefire effects fore each of her moves.

Her passive makes her targets glow with pulsefire energy.
Her ball of light is replaced with a mechanical sphere that is radiating pulsefire light and then explodes.
Her shield could be a similar ball except maybe with plates of armor on it looking like how xerath does unleashed.
Throwing out mechanized shackles would look pretty cool and would be a good effect for her snare
And finally, i really don't think it would be all that hard to do the same thing to Lux's ult that you did to Ezreal's.

TL;DR: If you're going to make a mecha-lux, just go ahead and make pulsefire. We want it more, and it wouldn't be a cheap knockoff. In fact, Lux almost fits perfectly with the theme.

Cayten Shift

12-10-2012

Hi Rickless! Personally, I don't like Steel Legion Lux and will probably not spend money on it, just as I did not like and won't spend money on any of Lux's other skins but Spellthief (best skin in the game). I have no problems with you releasing Steel Legion, however, so long as you're also willing to explore other directions with Lux skins. For example, there have been several wonderful ideas posted in this thread, including (but not limited to) Hextech and Noble/Aristocrat/Ballroom. I would gladly pay money for either of those and it seems like the other posters in this thread would too.

Mitsuki

12-10-2012

bewp

tisin

12-10-2012

Quote:
this questions from winniekinz are the best for it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniekinz View Post
What made you guys decide to make a 3rd military inspired skin for one champion in a row when the previous two was not received well. Why do you think Steel Legion fits Lux more than any other champion in the league. Why didn't you guys decide to explore another theme with this champion and when do you plan on doing so?
but well, what we can do? no matter how much we try and ask, Riot will push this **** skin to the sales not matter how much feedback they must ignore or fake too.