@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twitchious

Senior Member

12-08-2012

The skin just sucks (apart from the AA animations.) lol.

Why is it so hard for them to make a Lux skin that doesn't suck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsong22 View Post
Explain to me Riot, please. You state you are going to remove Pole dancing from Kat because, although sexy, does not attribute to her overall personality because she doesn't -intentionally- exude that in her mannerisms and attitude. She is a kick butt assassin, that just happens to be sexy.

How, using this logic (correct me if I am wrong here, please) you can take Lux's personality and mannersims that do NOT scream armed forces and shove her into this armored outfit?

Lux joined the Demacian Military because J4 was in there and she loves her brother, she was powerful in her light bending abilities and saw she could help him with it. She is a little sister that loves her brother and is helping out where she can, NOT because she is Arnold and wants to kick massive can and come back later.

Lux -screams- innocent and playful, yet you do -nothing- to promote her tyle of personality, which you claim from the post, to want to do with skins -to make them fit with the characters style of personality-.

Thanks.
This perfectly sums up everything we are trying to say. All we want is an explanation as to why you continue to shoehorn her into Space Marine power armor when it clashes with her personality. You've done this twice already, this makes three.

You listened to Kat players, why not to us?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
This perfectly sums up everything we are trying to say. All we want is an explanation as to why you continue to shoehorn her into Space Marine power armor when it clashes with her personality. You've done this twice already, this makes three.

You listened to Kat players, why not to us?
You and the person you quoted said it better than I could.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsubakixv

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post

You listened to Kat players, why not to us?
What? I think you mean listen to a handful of people who spammed 40 threads about Katarina wrapping herself around a candy cane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
What? I think you mean listen to a handful of people who spammed 40 threads about Katarina wrapping herself around a candy cane.
This actually seems to be more of a backlash than that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Of all the characters to try and give a badass skin to, Lux is not the one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-08-2012
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria Pisces View Post
Morello himself denied us the Magical Girl Lux skin, because it was too similar to Sorceress.
i think you may be misrepresenting morello a bit here. i believe he said we wouldn't do a marisa kirisame skin. a magical girl is something else. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria Pisces View Post
I am respectfully asking for an artist or skin designer or someone to shed some light on the thought process behind Steel Legion Lux, because no matter how I turn it I cannot fathom why it was made. Two years to learn, two years to get ideas from the community, create and imagine, and yet two years of these same skins.
this is a little harder to speak to without you being able to play her in game with all of her changes. she has a new set of spell effects, along with some new animations and sound effects, that are really important to the theme and feel of the skin. once she's playable on the pbe, her theme will be much more clear—this isn't really a 'military' skin. if i had to give it a label, i'd say it's more like a 'function-over-form tech' skin, which is not a unheard of request for lux skins.

a point i'll totally concede to is that there are definitely lux players that desperately want another magical skin. i'm in that camp. it's not the touhou fan in me so much as it is that i think the 'spellthief' part of lux's background is really cool and has a ton of room to explore concepts relating to that, and i know others think so as well. that said, that doesn't mean there aren't desires for other types of lux skins from others. there are lux fans out there that have been waiting a long time for a skin like this.

if you want to know more about the concept itself you could probably bait ironstylus into chatting about it—iirc, this was one of his.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queso Queen

Senior Member

12-08-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i think you may be misrepresenting morello a bit here. i believe he said we wouldn't do a marisa kirisame skin. a magical girl is something else. :3
That's even worse! T_T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Navy Pheonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

"BUT LUX IS IN THE MILITARY!"

Are you freaking kidding me.

75% of the characters in this freaking game are "in the military."

Tristana is a gunner. She has, wait let me see, 0 Military skins.

Teemo is a field recon, he has, hmm, 1. Every single one of his other skins reflect his "cute" personality (but if you read the lore he doesn't actually have one, so the "Lux is not bubbly" point is moot. Neither is Teemo, but look at his skins."

Katarina is in the military. She has 1 actual military related skin.

Urgot's in the military. None of his skins are military related.

Galio is in the freaking Demacian military. How many actual military skins? 1

Corki is a military pilot, literally none of his skins tie him to the airforce that he flies for.

Sion is one of the most famous Noxian soldiers ever. 1 military skin.

Lux's lore refers to her being in the military once. THREE MILITARY SKINS FOR A CHARACTER WHO'S PERSONALITY DOESN'T FIT THE "MILITARY" PORTFOLIO, COMIN' RIGHT UP!