@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
I wasn't aware someones laugh was a defining characteristic of their entire personality.
...Seriously?

You don't know jack about psychology, do you.

I'm not getting into it beyond: Yes. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they laugh.

There's a reason you can always identify the villain in a movie by the way the character laughs.

Lux's laugh is cheerful but I wouldn't say bubbly. She actually sounds a little crazed, like she's on the edge. She doesn't like fighting at all, but does it out of an obligation to her country.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustly Leafs

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
I wasn't aware someones laugh was a defining characteristic of their entire personality.
Her armor has a skirt attached, she has long blonde hair and a head band, she twirls her baton while running, she laughs like a girl on LSD, she says things like "lighting the way" and "stay positive," she's chock full of anime references and she shoots rainbow light to kill her enemies. Including her laugh, these are all defining characteristics of her personality, they all come together to make Lux who she is. And this new skin craps on all of it, for the third time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsubakixv

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
...Seriously?

You don't know jack about psychology, do you.

I'm not getting into it beyond: Yes. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they laugh.

There's a reason you can always identify the villain in a movie by the way the character laughs.

Lux's laugh is cheerful but I wouldn't say bubbly. She actually sounds a little crazed, like she's on the edge. She doesn't like fighting at all, but does it out of an obligation to her country.
but not their entire personality, next time open the case before you try solving it Sherlock Holmes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
but not their entire personality, next time open the case before you try solving it Sherlock Holmes.
That's where the rest of her dialogue comes in, as a poster above already pointed out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
but not their entire personality, next time open the case before you try solving it Sherlock Holmes.
Okay, then. Even if you completely ignore her laugh, her command responses, her jokes, hell, even her /taunt practically scream out the kind of personality she has. It's blatantly obvious, and I'm left wondering how it is you don't see it, when the evidence is right there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Okay, then. Even if you completely ignore her laugh, her command responses, her jokes, hell, even her /taunt practically scream out the kind of personality she has. It's blatantly obvious, and I'm left wondering how it is you don't see it, when the evidence is right there.
Read her judgment.
She's a broken little girl.

The motto "Stay positive!" isn't to remind you- its to remind her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsubakixv

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Okay, then. Even if you completely ignore her laugh, her command responses, her jokes, hell, even her /taunt practically scream out the kind of personality she has. It's blatantly obvious, and I'm left wondering how it is you don't see it, when the evidence is right there.
My evidence is 3/5 of her skins are military esk which goes along with her background and personality. Your move Watson.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
Read her judgment.
She's a broken little girl.

The motto "Stay positive!" isn't to remind you- its to remind her.
You're right. However, it's also very possible to be bubbly and happy when you've snapped and started killing people. Lux just hasn't snapped yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
You're right. However, it's also very possible to be bubbly and happy when you've snapped and started killing people.
Just look at Shaco!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queso Queen

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Ok here is my take on this.

Yes Lux is part of the military, great, however we have TWO combat skins already.

We need diversity.

Take Miss Fortune for example. She is a pirate bounty hunter, yet we have different theme's that use guns. Mafia, Cowgirl, Waterloo, Secret Agent. All sexy, but they at least -look- different, feel different if you will. All of the look fits in with her Sexy appeal

This is where I get to my next point.

Yes Lux is, in her lore, military HOWEVER her mannerisms and her attitude ARE NOT. She is a bubbly giggly (insane) wants to win individual. -This- is where I pull out this,http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...89890#32189890

Morello quotes:
Originally Posted by Krimson62
If they remove it i will also ask for riot to implement a maturity feature, like every single game that shows blood or suggestive themes.
Haters and overprotective parents can turn it off

Morello replies with
I need to be clear about something here: the reason we're removing it (and make no mistake, we are) is because there's a lot of places where we're happy to do that, as you guys have noticed, but this skin was not the right place for this sort of thing.

Nidalee has a spear, easily a pole. She's also generally closely related to "hot night elf chick" and has some innate *** appeal to her - pole dance is awesome here.

Katarina in Reindeer ears with a pole dance is just off. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about sensitivity, it's about "what makes sense with this content?"

If you want to think there's some PC police that guide our hand, I can't stop you, but do a quick search on our thoughts to the contrary of this (go look in the spider queen or Nami threads) you'll find that we normally go forward with it when we believe it's the right choice for the champ or skin. In this case, it's just not.

EDIT: Included more complete reasoning from later in the thread:

Let me slow down and give you a more nuanced explanation herd (I tend to get caught up in the rapid-fire of volume posts coming in and post too quickly to fully communicate the intended thought):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello
Let's take a look at two sexy female champions, using their bases as an example: Miss Fortune and Katarina.

Miss Fortune Over-the-top pirate hunter. Outwardly sexualized to a point of character definition. "****ty" personality, "hot girl."

Katarina Deadly, sadistic dagger assassin. Sleek, quick and deadly. Shows cleavage and midriff to make attractive, but not seductive personality-wise. Keeps it sleek and quick - not a lot of adornment.

These characters are both really sexy from a proportions and clothing standpoint (equally so in a lot of ways). However, Miss Fortune's base should blast you with sexuality and never conserve on it - it's important to everything she is designed to be.

Katarina is generally sexy as an aside, not as a primary motivator. She's a cool assassin either way, having her be hot just makes her generally more visually appealing. Sexiness is secondary to cool.

You can do the same thin on Kitty Kat Katarina and the Christmas Katarina skin. Kitty Kat Kat is "that ****ty costume on Halloween" start to finish. Christmas Kat uses more Christmas tropes overall, and that tends to be the theme - it has sexiness because Katarina is sexy overall, but it's a secondary theme. High Command Katarina is the same in this regard (though more serious).

We may disagree, and that's OK, but this is the evaluation type we're talking about here. Maybe we sold "sexy" more than intended, maybe it's the read from the animation itself overall, but it's secondary to the character - not primary. Sexuality is more primary on Nidalee too (which is why we didn't change her pole dance on the rework).

Hopefully this makes more sense, in context. Gonna put this up front for more visibility.


Explain to me Riot, please. You state you are going to remove Pole dancing from Kat because, although sexy, does not attribute to her overall personality because she doesn't -intentionally- exude that in her mannerisms and attitude. She is a kick butt assassin, that just happens to be sexy.

How, using this logic (correct me if I am wrong here, please) you can take Lux's personality and mannersims that do NOT scream armed forces and shove her into this armored outfit?

Lux joined the Demacian Military because J4 was in there and she loves her brother, she was powerful in her light bending abilities and saw she could help him with it. She is a little sister that loves her brother and is helping out where she can, NOT because she is Arnold and wants to kick massive can and come back later.

Lux -screams- innocent and playful, yet you do -nothing- to promote her tyle of personality, which you claim from the post, to want to do with skins -to make them fit with the characters style of personality-.

Thanks.