@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lilikitten

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pînkie Pie View Post
That's not the point of why ppl are upset. Yes, a person can be bubbly while in the military. The problem is she has 2 MILITARY SKINS ALREADY. Why would they make another when the vast majority disliked the last two? Just a waste of time and resources.
This exactly ^

Raburi

12-08-2012

Let's keep this on the front page...

Spitsonpuppies

12-08-2012

I really can't stand this guy that doesn't use capital letters. Is he trying to be unique? Anyway, the skin is incomplete and you all might end up changing your minds. If it's 1350 RP then I completely am in agreement about wanting a different skin.

Deitrix

12-08-2012

Yeah, I'm disappointed by the new Lux skin too. One more champ for the growing army of "space marines vs bionic aliens" ones we've got going.

I hold out hope that there will someday be a skin for my favorite champ that plays up her cheerful, playful magical girl side over her "rawr, I am in military" side.

ShaniquaMcJones

12-08-2012

I kind of want a harry potter like skin for her. With a stick like wand, a couple of nerdy features like black rimmed glasses with tape holding it together at the bridge. Also adds in a schoolgirl feel people want, with the uniform skirt and stockings. also brings in a young witch feel. I remember reading an idea where when she starts moving in a continual pace she starts side saddling a hovering broom which is an idea i love, even if it doesn't entirely fit with this particular idea--should be implemented with one of her skins.

anyway, there's so many different styles she could rock that would have people that aren't even fans of lux want to try them out. at this point, her skins are detracting my fanship of her. I didn't even know she could be this "blah" from looking at her initially.

Boomerang69

12-08-2012

I down voted the wall of text

HunkDorlian

12-08-2012

lux needs to be oversexualized

SlumlordThanatos

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
this is something we talk about internally. we want to be better about cadence when possible of course, but we also want to push ourselves to always explore those themes deeply—when we do them we want them to each be unique/special to the champion, and we want consistency there.

thanks for the feedback~
Now that I can finally get back on my computer...you already have two military skins. Haven't you explored that theme deeply enough already?

Although, you do get points for consistency, but they are immeadiately taken away for being consistent about something that the vast majority of the community does not want.

I'd be willing to bet this will be another 1350 skin, and that will only be the final nail in the coffin.

Ahri all day

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i think you may be misrepresenting morello a bit here. i believe he said we wouldn't do a marisa kirisame skin. a magical girl is something else. :3

this is a little harder to speak to without you being able to play her in game with all of her changes. she has a new set of spell effects, along with some new animations and sound effects, that are really important to the theme and feel of the skin. once she's playable on the pbe, her theme will be much more clear—this isn't really a 'military' skin. if i had to give it a label, i'd say it's more like a 'function-over-form tech' skin, which is not a unheard of request for lux skins.

a point i'll totally concede to is that there are definitely lux players that desperately want another magical skin. i'm in that camp. it's not the touhou fan in me so much as it is that i think the 'spellthief' part of lux's background is really cool and has a ton of room to explore concepts relating to that, and i know others think so as well. that said, that doesn't mean there aren't desires for other types of lux skins from others. there are lux fans out there that have been waiting a long time for a skin like this.

if you want to know more about the concept itself you could probably bait ironstylus into chatting about it—iirc, this was one of his.
Completely dodged the issue plus we want a response from somebody in the art dept. not QA. OP cares not about the effects but the theme and why Riot still hasn't made any skins that explore other options other than military.

vargo

12-08-2012

all lux skins are same mecha and magical girl