@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenHusky

12-20-2012

Still hoping we can get a parrot post about the context behind the skin.

SlumlordThanatos

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Still hoping we can get a parrot post about the context behind the skin.
It's looking less and less likely as the days pass, and with the new nerfs on the PBE, no one cares anymore.

It's been almost a week since his last post on the subject....

SexOffenderBrah

12-20-2012

Steel Legion Garen next?

SlumlordThanatos

12-20-2012

Okay, let's try again....Anyone home?

Krynul

12-20-2012

Honestly does dreadnight garen fit garen's personality? does surprise party fiddles fit him? What about surfer singed?

Lots of skins don't fit their personality or background. Some of them are for the fun or cool factor. I think what riot meant was that if a skin puts the champion in another setting, they want the character to react appropriately.

The instance with Katarina is that if she's gonna be sexy, she's gonna be a scary ***** about it, not some stripperesque ****. She'll be running around saying threatening things and then pull a pole out of the ground? It's kind of odd. Katarina is hot because you want her, but she's the kind of chick you'd never actually approach because she'd rip your funparts off.

Lux can be dressed up in steel armor and terrifying stuff all she wants, but unless they put an animation in the skin that makes no sense for her, such as something violent or cruel then it's Lux in a new situation, not lux out of character.

Garen can be evil but still be a crusader defending his beliefs. Let's face it, if fiddles came flying out of a box you'd be pretty terrified even if he looked silly afterwards which kinda fits his schtick. Singed... well that skin never really made sense, but it's not necessarily wrong I guess.

I guess what I'm saying is there are just some things riot won't do, and this isn't one of them, and Katarina humping a pole was. Who knows? XD

Mitsuki

12-21-2012

boop

ecneregilleb

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynul View Post
Honestly does dreadnight garen fit garen's personality? does surprise party fiddles fit him? What about surfer singed?

Lots of skins don't fit their personality or background

Krynul, the one thing you arent understanding is that this isn't JUST about the skin making sense. Its about the fact that Lux has TWO SKINS THAT ALREADY PORTRAY HER IN THE MILITARY. As a Lux player and fan of the lore behind her, I understand she's a militant character, what I want personally as a Lux player is for there to be more than just her "militant personality" behind her skins. I want something different than a Witch, different than a Soldier. I want a more creative skin behind her character.

Just as what has been stated already in this thread, my favorite skin of hers is "Spellthief," not just because its different... but because it also has a different twist of her lore! Its simple, but amazing to be honest.

SlumlordThanatos

12-21-2012

Personal log, day 9. Still awaiting response. Riot has been strangely quiet, as if they're pointedly ignoring us.

RunsWithWookies

12-21-2012

They will probably ignore our say in this, even though they have said that this skin does go with her lore, does that mean that every skin they have produced goes with other champions lore? Nope, but hey they produced 2 other skins with the same concept, "but guys this skin goes with her lore... trust us it will be awesome" I really feel like we don't need another skin that will probably be as bad as the 2 other skins, but why can't we get a skin that goes with her personality that everyone seems to really want? Look what we did with Pool Party Ziggs, that was an awesome idea and they made it happen, I for one bought that skin and played ziggs a lot after that, I just think this skin is going to be another bust just like those other 2 skins, they had a good push with the sorceress lux and the spell theif, but then dropped the ball..

nerdydino

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pheonix View Post
"BUT LUX IS IN THE MILITARY!"

Are you freaking kidding me.

75% of the characters in this freaking game are "in the military."

Tristana is a gunner. She has, wait let me see, 0 Military skins.

Teemo is a field recon, he has, hmm, 1. Every single one of his other skins reflect his "cute" personality (but if you read the lore he doesn't actually have one, so the "Lux is not bubbly" point is moot. Neither is Teemo, but look at his skins."

Katarina is in the military. She has 1 actual military related skin.

Urgot's in the military. None of his skins are military related.

Galio is in the freaking Demacian military. How many actual military skins? 1

Corki is a military pilot, literally none of his skins tie him to the airforce that he flies for.

Sion is one of the most famous Noxian soldiers ever. 1 military skin.

Lux's lore refers to her being in the military once. THREE MILITARY SKINS FOR A CHARACTER WHO'S PERSONALITY DOESN'T FIT THE "MILITARY" PORTFOLIO, COMIN' RIGHT UP!
tristana does have a military skin, gurilla (idk how to spell!) and urgot is a executioner that works for the military till he got cut into pieces if im not mistaken, then he got put back together by some dude and looks nothing how he did "in the military" galio has commando skin if im not mistaken, and ill give ya corki, but he does have red baron corki, but thats not his military id imagine....