Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Vi build (Top)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sex King Shaco

Senior Member

12-17-2012

I feel like I don't have room for Zephyr in a normal build though I usually want to build something out of sheen as it works with her quite well. Suppose I could try to opt out for the frozen fist. I think with frozen mallet it might be a little overkill but it'd be silly how much sticking power you'd get haha.

After my last game though I feel like maxing Q even when jungling is really awesome. Even for setting up ganks you get that huge upfront burst damage if you land Q and let's face it usually if you whiff your Q you'll most likely not be getting E damage off. When I ganked in my last game I was able to put huge upfront burst that would either force a flash or get us a kill. The thing is her Q alone when she launches will make some people flash which is something I like.

The only major thing I'm questioning at this point is optimal runes for the jungle. Right now I'm running flat AD on my marks and Quints while everything else is standard jungle set. Flat ad helps clear fast more so then the extra attackspeed you'd get from marks. The extra AD also helps your early ganks if you land a Q. I've also tried movespeed quints and they are also a great option as we all know Vi has no real sticking power until she gets items. More testing is required but I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. Thanks for the great champ!

Edit ~ Scratch what I said about faster clear times. The flat attackspeed marks will help a lot on the first clear but going flat AD wouldn't hurt her to much. As I stated before it makes her early ganks a bit deadlier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardrovan

Senior Member

12-17-2012

Quote:
xDleox:
I just tried this and worked
Ninja Tabi --> Alacrity
Phage --> Trinity Force (For Tons of damage)
Iceborn Gaunlet
Maw of Malmortius
Last Whisper - Or Black Cleaver
Guardan Angel


Iceborn gauntlet and triforce?

Im sorry but what!?!?!?!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valeor

Member

12-18-2012

I went merc treads, Black Cleaver, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster GA then Randiun's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleDates

Recruiter

12-19-2012

what item is TF????


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tandoku no hoshi

Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
Yeah his W scales on AP but much better ratios of 25% and max 100%. Like I said, I don't think TF is a bad item, it's just hella expensive at a total cost of what 4200 which I believe is the most expensive item in the game. If you like it and it works for you then go for it. Its a great all around item but remember that if your a jack of all trades, your a master at none.


it really doesnt matter how much it costs to build from scratch. the point is you can grab a phage early, build a bc, get a sheen, get trin, get warmogs, and suddenly face rape everyone.

you can build this on most tops, ad nid is op with this, and its cost really doesnt matter if your winning your lane anyways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tandoku no hoshi

Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Svm2k9:
I feel like I don't have room for Zephyr in a normal build though I usually want to build something out of sheen as it works with her quite well. Suppose I could try to opt out for the frozen fist. I think with frozen mallet it might be a little overkill but it'd be silly how much sticking power you'd get haha.

After my last game though I feel like maxing Q even when jungling is really awesome. Even for setting up ganks you get that huge upfront burst damage if you land Q and let's face it usually if you whiff your Q you'll most likely not be getting E damage off. When I ganked in my last game I was able to put huge upfront burst that would either force a flash or get us a kill. The thing is her Q alone when she launches will make some people flash which is something I like.

The only major thing I'm questioning at this point is optimal runes for the jungle. Right now I'm running flat AD on my marks and Quints while everything else is standard jungle set. Flat ad helps clear fast more so then the extra attackspeed you'd get from marks. The extra AD also helps your early ganks if you land a Q. I've also tried movespeed quints and they are also a great option as we all know Vi has no real sticking power until she gets items. More testing is required but I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. Thanks for the great champ!

Edit ~ Scratch what I said about faster clear times. The flat attackspeed marks will help a lot on the first clear but going flat AD wouldn't hurt her to much. As I stated before it makes her early ganks a bit deadlier.


hmm ive been powerlvling w in jungle.....
i guess thats not very usefull unless im fighting melee single target team ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tandoku no hoshi

Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Eternal Masa:
This champion is going to get nerfed. So enjoy it now boys and girls. No one can hang with her top, and she can jungle well. Her health is bananas strong, and her damage is insane for all the CC in her kit. She's like Xin Zhao release OP. Mark my words and watch for the nerf stick to come quickly. GG.


ha your such a hater, your to young to know what xin zhao releas was like, + if you were there that means your original account got permabanned!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntoDeVoid

Junior Member

12-19-2012

Perfect build for almost every melee just get Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancers till you get 100% crits then buy health/armor if you do it correctly without dying a lot you will destroy everything. Tried it with Master Yi, Zed, and Vi and I average 10-20 kills a game, If my team isn't bad!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

prog3712

Junior Member

12-20-2012

Trinity Force
.....
or Twisted Fate???? XD XD XD

Quote:
DoubleDates:
what item is TF????


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SacredsouI

Junior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Eternal Masa:
This champion is going to get nerfed. So enjoy it now boys and girls. No one can hang with her top, and she can jungle well. Her health is bananas strong, and her damage is insane for all the CC in her kit. She's like Xin Zhao release OP. Mark my words and watch for the nerf stick to come quickly. GG.

I play riven top, she is a pretty easy lane...
Also, as for the build.
Merc/tabi/swiftness
bloodthirster
black cleaver
ravenous hydra
guardian angel
Omen/maw/runic bulwark - situational
I just feel like her abilities scale way to well with ad to even consider items with ap on them.
I also want to fit frozen mallet in, but I'm not sure what to trade out for it yet.