After playing nami....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snuffaluffagusss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I feel like nami's ult travels too slow effectively making it incredibly hard to actually land anything more then point blank, Also the animation takes like 2 seconds to actually cast.

Bheghara

12-08-2012

I agree with this completely. I think the wave needs to gain movement speed based on how far it travels (faster the further it goes) or based on the skill's rank. It's VERY easy to outmaneuver it from anywhere beyond the mid-way point.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheghara View Post
I agree with this completely. I think the wave needs to gain movement speed based on how far it travels (faster the further it goes) or based on the skill's rank. It's VERY easy to outmaneuver it from anywhere beyond the mid-way point.
dont waves slow down as they travel? also just what are you trying to do with that huge thing, kill people?

splitsticks

12-08-2012

Totally disagree. Think of the slow speed as a benefit. It's a giant, slow-moving, manacing hitbox that can force people into the direction you want or corner them where you want them. It's a "caught between a rock and a hard place" mechanic, you need to recognize when the map environment is supplying you with a hard place and you supply the rock.

footfoe

12-08-2012

i really don't think the wave is meant to chase fleeing enemies or anything like that. I don't find it to be two slow. It's a good ultimate and feels very ultimatey

Alithalor

12-08-2012

The thing is almost the width of a lane and has a really good travel distance. If it moved any faster it would be completely broken. Im pretty sure how it's suppose to work is as when you are chasing, Nami Ults which speeds up her team so they can catch 1/2/3 people who are then caught by the wave or the other team is forced to split to avoid the wave which allows your speed boasted team to all swarm on someone. Or it can be used defensively as well, but that's basically see someone on your team get caught... WAVE and RUN AWAY!!!

SaintMantle

12-08-2012

If you use it in a tight jungle spot, no one is dodging that wall of water. can't expect people not to move, so take away their ability to dodge it.

Human Jerky

12-08-2012

Haven't played as Nami yet, but a buddy of mine supported me bot as Nami vs a Nami and she just seems like ass. Her ulti is legit, but everything she does is real easy to dodge/avoid. Honestly the only things I knew about her was from the champion spotlight and avoiding it all was a breeze.

Nami's stun gives you like a 5 second warning in the form of a giant red ring, you just stay spread out to avoid any serious dmg/harass from ebb and flow. And for her buff, just try to avoid trades with the ADC during that time and you'll be fine.

She is a bit stronger in team fights, but avoiding her stun(at least as the ADC) is pretty easy and if your team stays kinda spread ebb and flow is not all that useful.

TealNinje

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Jerky View Post
Nami's stun gives you like a 5 second warning in the form of a giant red ring, you just stay spread out to avoid any serious dmg/harass from ebb and flow. And for her buff, just try to avoid trades with the ADC during that time and you'll be fine.
I no longer calculate the red ring in my avoidance. I see the ball of water flying, and can judge its target point based on its speed and arc.

SleepyDeath

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Jerky View Post
Haven't played as Nami yet, but a buddy of mine supported me bot as Nami vs a Nami and she just seems like ass. Her ulti is legit, but everything she does is real easy to dodge/avoid. Honestly the only things I knew about her was from the champion spotlight and avoiding it all was a breeze.

She is a bit stronger in team fights, but avoiding her stun(at least as the ADC) is pretty easy and if your team stays kinda spread ebb and flow is not all that useful.

sounds like a couple of bad namis