Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runaan's Hurricane + Graves = Win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigfriendsmen

12-08-2012

Quote:
Barrath:
Not to be painfully specific, but it's impossible for you to attack faster than 2.5 attacks per second due to the attack speed cap.

You fire 3 bolts. Thus an attack speed of 1.0 is giving you 3 attacks a second

Human Jerky

12-08-2012

Quote:
PhailRaptor:
It's infinitely better on Varus.

This. It's so godlike on Varus. Vayne too, just repeatedly poping 3 stacks as either of those characters do just insane amount of dmg during team fights.

ArielOw

12-08-2012

Quote:
Human Jerky:
This. It's so godlike on Varus. Vayne too, just repeatedly poping 3 stacks as either of those characters do just insane amount of dmg during team fights.

Have u ever played vayne with this item? It does NOT work with vayne's W

StyleKrong

12-08-2012

Quote:
ArielOw:
Have u ever played vayne with this item? It does NOT work with vayne's W

Confirmed. I thought of this immediately after reading the initial post, "man, popping 3x Silver Bolts would be broken". It would make sense for it to work, since Varus can apply his blight stacks, but apparently they decided it would be too OP, or it's a bug, or Silver Bolts isn't considered an on-hit effect. Whatever the case, it doesn't work.

Muspelheim SN

12-08-2012

Quote:
StyleKrong:
Confirmed. I thought of this immediately after reading the initial post, "man, popping 3x Silver Bolts would be broken". It would make sense for it to work, since Varus can apply his blight stacks, but apparently they decided it would be too OP, or it's a bug, or Silver Bolts isn't considered an on-hit effect. Whatever the case, it doesn't work.

I believe Vayne can only have one target affected by silver bolts at a time. If Hurricane worked with silver bolts, building Hurricane would make silver bolts nearly worthless, as only the last target hit would keep the stack, making it nearly impossible to hit three stacks on a single target.

AFAIK Xypherous said they had to specifically code Hurricane to not work with silver bolts, but I have no clue what thread that was said in.

On the topic of Graves, is it really that good to have quickdraw up all the time? Sure it's a lot of AS between the steroid and Hurricane, but Graves doesn't scale that well with AS and AFAIK the secondary attacks can't crit, correct me if I'm wrong here. If the secondary attacks from Hurricane can crit, then the item is much better than I was giving it credit for.

Edit: Played a custom game with Runaan's and watched the damage from the bolts fired, and they don't crit, which makes sense because the item doesn't say anything about crits. I suppose since Runaan's passive doubles your total DPS when there are 3 targets, there might be a way to use it to create a crit-less ADC build that uses Runaan's instead of IE. You'd have a lot less single target damage, but you might have similar total damage output. It would probably be a rather team comp dependent build, as you need to keep the enemies clustered for maximum damage. The build would be best on an ADC that had an AD steroid or on hit effect (so Twitch and Varus and Caitlyn if you count headshot charges) or one that completely lacked steroids (Ashe). For shear multi-target damage, try it on Sivir, build CDR, and spam ricochet.

Nutarama

12-08-2012

Quote:
XIIILelouchXIII:
Ahem, why the Frozen Mallet? Ashe has an on-hit slow anyways.

Ashe's slow and Frozen Mallet's slow stack. It's kinda pointless if you're playing her as a carry, but as an AD support (build example: Frozen Mallet, Captain Berzerker's Greaves, Black Cleaver, Atma's Impaler, Zeke's Herald + extra item) she's kinda cool. Good damage output, decent health, and tons of team utility.

Btw, together they make for a total 54.5% slow.

Quote:
StyleKrong:

Silver Bolts specifically says in its tooltip it can only be stacked on one target at a time. It was disabled on Runaan's extra bolts because then you'd never be able to reach full stacks on any target.

Muspelheim SN

12-08-2012

So I ran some numbers for a new build idea and compared it to leaguecraft's calculated number for S2 DPS.

Champion: Ashe
Level: 18
No runes or masteries
Build 1: Berzerker's Grieves, Runaan's Hurricane, Bloodthirster*, Zephyr, Last Whisper, defensive item.
Attack speed: 1.95
AD: 257.6
Single target DPS: 502
Total DPS with three targets: 1027
Total DPS if defensive item is Mercurial Scimitar: 1297

Season 2 "best ADC build ever" with S2 values: Berzerkers Grieves, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster*, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer, defensive item
AD: 318
AS:1.492
crit chance: 55%
crit damage: 250%
Total DPS: 865
Total DPS with S3 values: 852
Total S3 DPS if defensive item is Mercurial Scimitar: 1016

Buid 3: Trollface burst: BG, IE, SotD, YG, BT, defensive item
Burst DPS: 1577
Burst DPS w/ Mercurial Scimitar: 1889

Pretty significant DPS difference between build 1 and 2, though you won't be tearing apart a single target with build 1. The downside to build 1 is that you drop to 772.5 DPS with only two targets.

*Assumed to be at full stacks

tl;dr Runaan's hurricane can give more DPS than seasons 2 "best ADC build ever" if you are always hitting 3 targets.

Nutarama

12-08-2012

I don't think Runaan's will be core build for most ranged carries simply because when you take it, you're generally nerfing your single target damage output. However, on champions with strong synergies like Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, and Varus I think replacing a phantom dancer with Runaan's would be a strong choice.

NeoScout

12-08-2012

it is fair, this is the kind of item we need to differentiate ad carries

mana montana

12-08-2012

i dont like building this item just because of the range the secondary targets have to be from your primary target is too small to be usefull that often. most of the time in "reality" you are going to be having issues with bruisers and ap assassins chasing you down or hardcore tanks zoning you away from their squishies. meaning that most of the time you are still only going to be attacking 1 person. sure if you are lucky enough that the whole other team is stupid enough to stand right on top of eachother for a whole team fight they will get raped hard. but even if you didn't have the item just do to positioning you would probably end up winning that fight anyways.