@Riot: The core problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

12-07-2012

Here's the real problem we, as the Dominion community, have.

We feel ignored. It's been about a year since the mode settled, and what did we get out of it?
* Nome making a few token item tweaks/additions
* Co-op
* Couple of balance changes
* A windmill shadow glitch fix (!!)

In that same time, the rest of League got an innumerable amount of changes, so many I'd spend a ton of time just listing them here. We got one champion that was even Dominion themed, and he isn't even all that good here. Most of Riot doesn't seem to care about what happens to the map.

Don't get me wrong, we do have Nome now, and that's better than nothing. But Summoner's Rift has entire teams of people just dedicated to design and balance. We have gotten something like 2 balance changes even partially effective here. And I understand that Dominion has a low population and will never Riot's main focus and.... But we've spent a year living on promises and scraps that have fallen off of the SR table. We need more, and soon.

What can you do to fix it?

Well, there's the obvious, actually fixing the mode. Get a small set of the balance team who likes dominion to talk to the high ELO dom players and make a few nerfs to overpowered Dominion champions in ways that don't kill them on SR. Give us a couple of Designed for Dominion/Dominion themed champions. Do a dominion visual rework. Delete Teemo. Things like that.

I seriously doubt any of that will happen though And in lieu of that, we could at least use some appreciation. 10 flat more IP per Dominion game. Give a skin or some RP to everyone > X number of Dominion wins or games. Have someone who actually knows WTF they're doing on Dom make a Dominion section for each champion spotlight (sorry Phreak, triforce spam and boots > deathcap builds just don't cut it here) The point is not the extrinsic reward (as Nome said when I brought this up before), the point is Riot doing something to show they really do appreciate us dedicated Dominion players. Because I'm sitting here and wondering why exactly I still play Dominion sometimes.

Skulleer

12-07-2012

I don't see why there can't be Dominion-specific nerfs that don't carry over at all to SR or TT. Give Rammus a ms debuff aura, increase the cooldowns on traps, mines etc. or whatever it takes to bring some of the champs back down closer to a 50% win rate. I bet the popularity would shoot up if people didn't try it out and get annihilated by a teemo or rammus in their first few games over and over.

Orphane

12-07-2012

I thought we were finally done with these threads. Christ.

Redeemed In Fire

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I thought we were finally done with these threads. Christ.
I thought we were going to get more than a couple items... =p

bierfaust

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulleer View Post
I don't see why there can't be Dominion-specific nerfs that don't carry over at all to SR or TT. Give Rammus a ms debuff aura, increase the cooldowns on traps, mines etc. or whatever it takes to bring some of the champs back down closer to a 50% win rate. I bet the popularity would shoot up if people didn't try it out and get annihilated by a teemo or rammus in their first few games over and over.
Because Riot don't like to have burden of knowledge stuff. But quite honestly they need to stop trying to please casuals and do something for the good of the game.

Redenbacher

12-08-2012

These changes are going to be iterative over time. It is the only right way to do it. We have regularly scheduled Dominion balance changes coming now... something we have never had before. Nome already has changes planned for the next two patches.

Be mindful that he cannot simply make all the changes at once. They need time to settle in, and be evaluated individually before you just change a mess of things.

TT's map changes were a sole dedication for some time, but you'll see now that his time has been evidently spent fairly even between the two modes.

Be patient. Evaluate. Be analytical. The next couple of months are going to be big for the state of Dominion, and we need to take advantage of that to make it the best it can possibly be.

Redeemed In Fire

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
These changes are going to be iterative over time. It is the only right way to do it. We have regularly scheduled Dominion balance changes coming now... something we have never had before. Nome already has changes planned for the next two patches.

Be mindful that he cannot simply make all the changes at once. They need time to settle in, and be evaluated individually before you just change a mess of things.

TT's map changes were a sole dedication for some time, but you'll see now that his time has been evidently spent fairly even between the two modes.

Be patient. Evaluate. Be analytical. The next couple of months are going to be big for the state of Dominion, and we need to take advantage of that to make it the best it can possibly be.
I get that changes have to come iteratively, but I'm just saying that a year with nothing, ~6 months of which were promised "someone working on it" but not even recognition that the mode exists after a point isn't exactly a way to treat loyal fans. :/

Redenbacher

12-08-2012

That point has been made time and time again. Riot has made it pretty clear that they dropped the ball on supporting the other game modes. But, now look. TT got a long overdue rework and new items. Feedback from the community is getting actively reviewed and incorporated into Dominion. We have foresight into changes that are coming, based on our feedback.

You're right though... support up until this point was horrid. "It does not matter, it's in the past." - that baboon from The Lion King. Time to move forward, and stop beating the dead horse. Just be glad the horse is finally dead.

urmamasllama

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I get that changes have to come iteratively, but I'm just saying that a year with nothing, ~6 months of which were promised "someone working on it" but not even recognition that the mode exists after a point isn't exactly a way to treat loyal fans. :/
we know but complaining about it now serves no purpose. riot doesn't have a time machine to go back and fix their mistake. we just have to move on and appreciate what we are getting now

Eloquid

12-09-2012

Riot is cheap ass. Just needs more workforce and stop draining existing fellas.