Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi in the jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeno666

12-07-2012

I've been reading about Vi, she looks like an insta buy for me. Yet i haven't been able to play her.

I was wondering if she seems viable in he jungle at all? As it's one of my favorite roles

Arthur Mitchell

12-07-2012

I don't see why not. Start with W and max E first. I can see it working.

Believeinsteve

12-07-2012

Yeah she's pretty decent, not the best but her clear times are well if she positions the minions appropriately. Her ganks would be pretty solid as well, almost guranteed kills post 6

jobeth

12-07-2012

in my opinion, yes i tried her out in bots. her passive makes it easy to pick up early buffs and some ganks. her q is great for going through walls (getting to other camps quicker) her w is great for the jungle her e is like MADE for it, it can kill multiple jungle creeps at once. and her ulti is a great gank initiator and or finisher. all-in-all to me her in the jungle seems like she belongs there

Archdmon

12-07-2012

Ive jungled with her a couple of times. Took E first (that way I can trigger her passive and eoe clear), W second and Q third. Pretty much the same I go in lane. He jungle clear is quite crazy, her sustain is alright but it is challenging to gank pre 6.

phar0ah1

12-07-2012

Yeah she is viable but I would start E first so you can increase your clear times. Her E hits initial target and those behind it so positioning can let her clear pretty fast. Her ganks are good too because her Q can initiate or her Ult.

Arthur Mitchell

12-07-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
Yeah she is viable but I would start E first so you can increase your clear times. Her E hits initial target and those behind it so positioning can let her clear pretty fast. Her ganks are good too because her Q can initiate or her Ult.

I would argue starting W is better. E doesn't do that much damage at level 1. And it's like a pretty lengthy CD between stacks.

Lavitz

12-07-2012

Quote:
Arthur Mitchell:
I would argue starting W is better. E doesn't do that much damage at level 1. And it's like a pretty lengthy CD between stacks.

I've jungled her twice now, once with each skill. Starting E gets you through blue significantly faster, and after that you can just take a point in W anyways. . W's early damage is negligible. I max Q first for mobility, utility, and damage.

If you run an attack speed setup I can see it working, maybe, but the double AA timer reset is invaluable to start with.

CaffeineKun

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ana Sripper:
Starting E gets you through blue significantly faster, and after that you can just take a point in W anyways.

I'd have to agree with this. Drag the Golem out in front of the little lizards and blue will fall pretty quickly, with little effort, and you just grab your W right after.

Archdmon

12-07-2012

You have to remember that if you start with E while waiting on creeps you will get the two stacks of the skills. So you can use the E twice as soon as it's up.