Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Building Iceborn Gauntlet on Vi Should Do Something Special..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthur Mitchell

12-07-2012

Like if you build it on her it should have a chill effect around her fists. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

Believeinsteve

12-07-2012

Doesn't the iceborn gauntlet already have a blue glowing animation on hands already?

Arthur Mitchell

12-07-2012

Quote:
Believeinsteve:
Doesn't the iceborn gauntlet already have a blue glowing animation on hands already?

I don't think it does. If it does then I feel stupid. But I think a special interaction with that item on her would be really cool.

Usually Katarina

Recruiter

12-07-2012

It gives similar glow effects as a lichbane except it's blue.

Archdmon

12-07-2012

I believe that the OP means a permanent effect, not a proc effect.

Arthur Mitchell

12-07-2012

Quote:
Archdmon:
I believe that the OP means a permanent effect, not a proc effect.

Yes I do.

Taikero

12-07-2012

Quote:
Arthur Mitchell:
Like if you build it on her it should have a chill effect around her fists. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

That would be an awesome idea if Iceborn Gauntlet was a decent item for Vi.

Unfortunately, she scales on AD, not AP. Even Triforce is better for her and it's not really optimal, either. Part of the curse of only having one ability (E) with an AP ratio, and a crappy AP ratio at that.

Arthur Mitchell

12-08-2012

Quote:
Taikero:
That would be an awesome idea if Iceborn Gauntlet was a decent item for Vi.

Unfortunately, she scales on AD, not AP. Even Triforce is better for her and it's not really optimal, either. Part of the curse of only having one ability (E) with an AP ratio, and a crappy AP ratio at that.

Wait, why isn't it a good item on her? I think it's pretty good, that AoE slow is awesome. And is still an awesome idea, I mean you don't HAVE to build it just because of an effect it gives to her. But just having it would be cool.

Taikero

12-08-2012

Quote:
Arthur Mitchell:
Wait, why isn't it a good item on her? I think it's pretty good, that AoE slow is awesome. And is still an awesome idea, I mean you don't HAVE to build it just because of an effect it gives to her. But just having it would be cool.

It's not good because she doesn't scale on AP, and it has AP. As well, Frozen Mallet reliably slows and has health and AD, two stats she scales very well with.

I'm not saying your idea sucks, I'm saying the item's not worth building on Vi, so the idea would go to waste overall.

Mastergamer2k5

12-08-2012

Vi does have an AP ratio on her E, so it's not like AP is going to waste, and the sheen proc + armor is great for a melee caster, who's going to be taking hits while doing their job.