Farming past laning phase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

01-01-2013

I'd like to ask how you guys farm past laning phase. During laning phase i farm pretty well, hitting averages of 70 per 10 minutes. (i know that's bad compared to pro level, but i'm working on it)

however it's once laning phase ends that my farming seems to go off. i can literally be tower hugging for 20 minutes waiting for the teamfight to start and get a grand total of 20 CS during that time. my end game CS tends to be like 190 for 55 minutes (those games that i'm not getting stomped, that is) while it'd be at 120 at the 20 or 25 minute mark.

how do you guys keep up with the farm once out of laning phase? do you leave your turret to farm bot and hope your teammates can fight 4 v 5 under your own turret?

Lilmk

01-01-2013

Most of the time teamfights don't occur under your turret, do to the fact that your team will have a large advantage. (so the other team doesn't want to) But what happens when you're not team fighting? During this time I tend to clear out the jungle, and push out lanes. That way when you're doing your ol' Mexican Standoff, your lanes are pushing, meaning that they'll have to bail out and clear the lanes.

Hirumonogatari

01-01-2013

the mexican standoff usually goes on for about 5 minutes at a time, sadly. it's a really oddball situation where i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do. going to poke would put me out of position as an ADC. going off to farm would mean i may put my team at a 4 v 5 when they either (a) foolishly decide to engage or (b) when they get engaged upon.

the number of times i've been flamed for not being there..

Lord Puppy Fury

01-01-2013

The trick is, in theory, you do your Mexican Standoff while your lanes are pushing into enemy territory, your jungle is clear, and dragon and Baron are secure. First, this means you have nothing pressing to attend to. Second, it means the enemy may get antsy since they can see huge creep waves pushing up on unguarded turrets. Impatience may get them to make a mistake.

Communication is key. If 3 of your team mates are getting ready to push mid while you're still clearing out bot lane and your mid is taking blue buff, ask them to back up and wait. If you're all pinned on your turret, it's better to risk your lanes getting pushed than it is to get desperate and start a fight too early. Initiation is an art, no two ways about it, and a good initiator will wait until it's actually the right moment to initiate. And yes, it may be a five minute wait. In that case, stay with your team. Otherwise, any time a team fight isn't imminent, always be getting farm. Jungle camps, safely pushing out lanes (and good rule is to never go past the river), help your team secure objectives. As I said earlier, when all your housekeeping is taken care of, then it's time to team fight.

As for poking, Vayne and maybe Tristana are the only two ADCs that don't really have any good form of poke. Most others have some sort of ranged skill they can use to lay some harass on. Even then, you can poke with a ranged auto attack with good kiting skill (step up, 1 attack, step back, repeat).

MFG Colour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

clear jungle camps that are close to the lane your team is in, if you don't see a fight happening anytime soon you can try for a lane but then you have to let your team know and pay close attention to where the other team is