Level 11 Amumu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillsSpaghetti

12-07-2012

Hey all,
So I'm a level 11 and I want to play Amumu. Problem is, from what I can tell at least, he's basically no good in lane and is a great jungler but not until I get to level 20 for runes. Is there a good way around this, to play Amumu successfully before I hit level 20?
Thanks!

awesomejak

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillsSpaghetti View Post
Hey all,
So I'm a level 11 and I want to play Amumu. Problem is, from what I can tell at least, he's basically no good in lane and is a great jungler but not until I get to level 20 for runes. Is there a good way around this, to play Amumu successfully before I hit level 20?
Thanks!
You don't NEED runes to jungle... Learn to jungle (effectively) get amumu... Practice and then take him to the jungle.. make sure you have masteries. That's all I can think of.

Necrotic Frost

12-08-2012

Mumu is just a situational jungle pick. You will do very poorly if your initial blue buff gets stolen. Also if your up against a good counter jungle such as Shyvanna or Udyr, all of your jungle will be gone. I would have a few other jungles that your working on as well as mumu. That way you can compliment your teams composition. Without runes jungle is just tougher, especially now without the leashes being what they use to be. It is still possible but you will probably need a teammate to put down dmg on blue buff so you dont get chewed up.

Trigbomb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

In new jungle, it would suck realllyyyyyy bad w/o runes (and only being able to get 11pts down the defensive tree) - especially if people don't give you tons of help killing blue.

Sweetluckk

12-08-2012

Well Due to the new jungle . if i remember correctly , junglers that are better at solo target monsters ( warwick, Xin zhao, shaco) for example are better than the Aoe junglers like ( amumu, Maokai, shyvana) . but i believe for amumu u should pick up runes. champions like shyvana that have amazing jungle clearing times i dont think need much. just some armor in the defensive tree would be enough. Also getting bladed armor in the defensive tree can really improve your jungling clearence