Champion Auditions - Nami, the Tidecaller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Civilized Rat

12-10-2012

I'm not saying smurfing for the champion is bad, whut?

Easy fix for the bias thing is to have the winner reveal the accounts. No one knows who was whom until after the winner is chosen.

Lastly, all I mean about that is if they don't want to be honest with us and show who they are, then I don't trust that sort of person with becoming something so important as a champion in this community. It's toxic.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

My opinion:

I wouldn't want to know.

Takes some of the fun out of it if you know....((NOT TRUE AT ALL)) Fizz, Viktor, and Teemo are all the same dude. You start comparing and their conversation with themselves become boring to the reader.

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

And then what happens when they reveal the account and people don't like them? They don't get any questions.

Ask the Herald

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post
Ryugi, I know this is probably a bit much and you do NOT have to agree with this nor enforce it, but I'd like that, in the future, you require people to list the accounts that they own, smurf or not, before they audition/are accepted. This won't ACTUALLY force them to, but those who are willing/honest enough will come forth and reveal the multiples if they do have any. Realizing so later will just make them look bad.

This whole multiple champion owning **** is beginning to make me realize how much of a problem it is both to us and new visitors. I want to try to lessen it as much as possible, but there's no forcing current owners to single themselves to one champion.

To me, if they don't want us to know what accounts they do own, they obviously don't want the champion.

The only alternative is listing the accounts of all champions, but I'm not sure if that'd work either. People don't have to be honest.
Twitch, I say this in the most respectful manner possible.

Quit being an uppity *****!

Kaz abolished the main account listing from auditions for a reason, and that was to remove bias from whom people could elect as the official Ask Champion.

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-10-2012

Alright guys, let's keep the discussion on the topic at hand.

This thread is for the auditions for Nami. It isn't supposed to be used as a sounding board for these sorts of things. Anything other than the Nami Auditions should be discussed elsewhere.

Civilized Rat

12-11-2012

Just bringing it to your attention, there technically isn't an "elsewhere". Didn't think it warranted an entire thread.

But I agree, back to Nami.

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-11-2012

*Bumps Thread*

Ask Fizzy

12-12-2012

Āsk Nami is right that at first it might look like a lot of work, but when I started I enjoyed it, and even worried that it might become a bit too long if I kept going on as long as I would have liked. I first thought that Āsk Nami's post was way longer than I ever could hope to compete with. Now it turns out our auditions are about as long.

As for what Twitch is suggesting, having a way a way to make sure somebody isn't controlling multiple champions at the same time would be useful. However doing that by making new champion candidates reveal whether they are a smurf or not doesn't sound like a good idea to me, partly because of the already aforementioned that this could cause people to judge according to their opinion of the person instead of how good their audition is.

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I know this thread has been bumped recently... but I'm sure this will help ease the tension that our Nami will soon be chosen in less than one day!

So soothing....

FilFire

12-12-2012

Wasn't there a third applicant?

EDIT: Also, nice music.