Supports being mistreated in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silkdawn

12-09-2012

While other roles can grow as they go thru 1-18. Its extremly rare for any support to grow apart from opening up more abilties and make themselfs more tanky with their build. None of which is feeling very unique to a supporter.

How about you actually made support grow on their own terms? Perhaps by adding a supporting stat? That imo would do a lot. Also this wouldnt make you have to balance supports all the time in a wrong way.

Deeper explanation:

For most support AP is the key to make their supporting abilities better. However AP also makes their non supportish abilities better. Like their damage for instance. So when Riot needs to balance this, they rather reduce the AP overall, so the support champ doesnt rival a pure mage etc. With a separate stat this wouldnt be an option anymore. A support could gain "support" instead of AP and grow as a support rather than growing as both mage and support.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

...What? Side note, supports don't seem to be all that amazing because they aren't able to go into solo lanes, have you played AP Sona, Soraka, or Lulu though? Their scaling mixed with their CC isn't bad.

Silkdawn

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
...What? Side note, supports don't seem to be all that amazing because they aren't able to go into solo lanes, have you played AP Sona, Soraka, or Lulu though? Their scaling mixed with their CC isn't bad.
Wow, way to miss my point.

Beija

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post
Way to miss HIS point.

Supports, once upon a time; were able to build virtually anything and rape face because their kits allowed them to do so.

I guess you weren't around during the Jungle Sona era nor the Janna top phase.

They wrecked those positions despite being "Support".

I find the current trend in support role in general fitting because face it; all you're gonna do is GP10 every build because it's all about the ADC right?

/facepalm

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
And you missed mine, why would they need their own caterogy when they can already be more then just support, what qualifies a support for this "support" option?

Silkdawn

12-09-2012

If youre a tank, you have tank stats to fill.
If youre a DPS you have DPS stats to fill.
If youre support you dont.

Whats so hard to understand?

Why should support be bunched togheter with the rest? Shouldnt support have their own stat?

Silkdawn

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beija View Post
Way to miss HIS point.

Supports, once upon a time; were able to build virtually anything and rape face because their kits allowed them to do so.

I guess you weren't around during the Jungle Sona era nor the Janna top phase.

They wrecked those positions despite being "Support".

I find the current trend in support role in general fitting because face it; all you're gonna do is GP10 every build because it's all about the ADC right?

/facepalm
Still missing my point. Support should be their own role considered how important they are to most matches. Not following the same stats as tanks, DPS etc. they should follow their own path how to become better.

/facepalm

Ruka Urushibara

Jamaree

12-09-2012

Quote:
If youre a tank, you have tank stats to fill.
If youre a DPS you have DPS stats to fill.
If youre support you dont.

Whats so hard to understand?

Why should support be bunched togheter with the rest? Shouldnt support have their own stat?
This is not true, using your logic, Fiddlesticks is a tank then because he has higher base armor then Nautilus correct? Supports CAN hold their own against others, most people ONLY get to play them bot because people are sheep, there is NOTHING stopping you from taking a support to mid, top, jungle, or make them ADC. You also have told us what makes a support a support, is Volibear, Gangplank, and Fiddlesticks also in the running for this support stats?

Silkdawn

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
And you missed mine, why would they need their own caterogy when they can already be more then just support, what qualifies a support for this "support" option?
What youre suggesting is that I can go to a lane pretending to be a support and and play like an ADC and not getting yelled at, well good luck with that.