Question about Kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shycadet View Post
Thank you for the Posts. I just got Kat, was kinda reluctant because she is over played, and I just can't seem to get her down. I'm used to the heavy amounts of burst Fizz gives in early level.
Yea, Kat definitely doesn't have good burst against anyone with burst of their own or crowd control before she gets her ulti. You should have no problem farming with well timed abilities, though, so you can beat your opponent to level 6. Be careful in the meantime, though. Get some good ganks, and you'll be fine.

Beef All The Way

12-08-2012

early game kat is all about Q poke. max Q, LAte game get as much AP as possiable. the Q+W+R+E+W+Q+W = GG

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

I disagree. Level 1 Q, level 2 E, max W.

Katarina isn't a super strong laner. Even poking with Q, laning phase can still be difficult. The trick isn't winning laning phase. The trick is surviving laning phase.

Then in team fights, you play her slightly differently then other champions. Instead of going for high priority targets, Katarina needs to focus on whoever is killed most easily because of two reasons:

1) He cooldowns reset on kills and assists
2) Her Q, W, and R hit multiple targets.

If you QEWR, you're dealing damage to everyone, and a TON of damage to three people. If you just finish one of these players off, it's either an Ace, or the enemy team runs away, because as soon as your R is done, you QEW again. If you finish off one of the other champs your R was hitting, you can QEW to the third low health champ. Finish that third guy off, and your R is reset. By this time, the amount of damage the tankiest two have taken just from your Q and W means that another QEWR is usually enough to finish them both off.

Eloquid

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shycadet View Post
Was just wondering, is Kat a great apc or does she mostly clean up well? I was just wondering because I wanted to know if it would even be worth the time to learn her
Look, are you serious? Kat is op ****in ***** of a champ that does double triple triple kills, and than does that again if she doesn't manage to get double penta. All that while randomly hitting qwer in any order while eating slice of pizza with the other hand.