New Ryze build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1BlueCoconut

04-16-2013

i dont really have too much time to play lol, but i was wondering if this build for ryze would be ok.

1.Soc. boots (magic penetration)

2.Rod of Ages (for the hp and mp boost AND decent ap + lane sustain)

3.rabadon's deathcap (gives alottttttt of ap)

4.Archangels staff, later seraphs embrace (for the sheild and the mana and the awesome ap, mana regen)

5.muramaune, later muramana (for the Ad <--[not really], mana, and toggle which does alot of dmg, mana regen).

6.iceborn gauntlet (after your combo, some enemies might not die and that is where u can auto attack [more ad from muramana and toggle] and slow, gives ap, gives armor, gives 10 CD reduction)

with blue buff u can get the max % of cd reduction. 10% from Q and 10% from gauntlet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also got 1 more question, why get a frozen heart on ryze?

the mana isnt really that much, the Cd reduction isnt that good unless your doing bad (forced to not get blue buff).

the armor can be gotten from iceborn gauntlet

for attack speed you can just snare the enemy if they are melee and if they are ranged, your screwed cuz u would have to walk up to them anyway or u can just use seraph's sheild and hope for the best.

Track Altitude

04-16-2013

I'm sorry but I just can't see Iceborn Gauntlet on Ryze. When playing Ryze you shouldn't be using auto attacks.

Edit: Mana scaling > AP scaling

corallein

04-16-2013

Deathcap - meh, Ryze doesn't build heavy AP. Void Staff will add more damage, since Deathcap won't increase the damage done from base + mana ratios while magic pen will.
Archangel's Staff AND Muramana - takes an hour to stack both. Not viable; pick one and ditch the other.
Iceborn Gauntlet - Ryze doesn't stop to autoattack much. When you're not casting spells, you should be moving to a better position. The rest of the time you're spamming QRQEQWQ with no autoattacks in between.

Frozen Heart - maxes Ryze's CDR with blue buff (ok, over by at least 10%, but whatever) and brings it up to 30%+ with no blue, lots of armor, AS slow aura, good chunk of mana. How does a ranged enemy screw you? Ryze is tanky and can put out great damage. The less damage the AD carry can do to you in return, the better.

Mana scaling is also about equivalent to AP scaling for Ryze now, after all the nerfs to his mana ratios and buffs to AP ratios.

1BlueCoconut

04-16-2013

Oh, by you are screwed when you are against a ranged champ. i meant like an adc, because i did play against a cait and she got me down (pre-seraph's) quite a bit before i could try and burst her and then the snare doesnt really stun so she can still attack (i think that might be true <---) and then if i try to run she can ult. I probably just played bad or something (i'm lvl 21). I dont really play ryze alot, this new build just came to me while looking at a build for him, i kinda wanna start playing him again.

and the death cap: before i had rylai's instead of iceborn gauntlet ( i know, i got no cdr T.T) and had WOTA instead of muramana. total ap before the (i am following the 21/0/9 mastery cuz i dont play ryze, and i just never made a page for him) 35% from rabadon and mastery and the ap from mana on seraphs is only about 440? (to lazy to look at my rune pages and mastery page).

with seraph's ap it is about (assuming that seraph only gives 1000 mana and you are lvl 18, wasnt sure if the 750 bounus before on archangels is perm.) 526.7 ap, then we add the 35% and it makes the ap about 711.

if we added in the frozen heart instead, the total ap with seraph's and the 5% from mastery is 566.

i got overload's scaling., which looks like it has the best mana scaling and the worst ap scaling, and i did .065 (6.5%) times the total mana from each 3290(FH) and 2890(rabadon) and .4 (40%) times the ap from the 566 (FH) and the 711(rabadon). I then added the Fh with Fh and the Rabadon with Rabadon. i found out that the rabadon does more dmg than the Fh by about 32.

the items in common were soc. boots, Rylai, ROA, WOTA, and seraph's embrace.

please tell me if my math is wrong as i did it on my computer's calculator and i have a headache from school :'(

1BlueCoconut

04-17-2013

ok, i did some math and using the total damage from Q W E Q, i found out that using a deathcap, ROA, seraph's embrace, ryali's crystal sceptor, and a will of ancients (or void staff) gives about 450 more damage than a FH, banshee's veil, ROA, seraph's embrace, and abyssal sceptor. although the second one is much, much more tanky (for less too!) the first one does give off more damage.

oh yea forgot to add that this is without runes and masteries. (and if i did put in magic pen, i think void staff gives more pen. now because % before flat).
both are using soc. boots.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

OH! I love when Ryze build glass cannon.

He does his fabulous disappearing act! He's like... there one moment, gone the next!

Seriously though. ALL of his spells are short range spells, building him anything less than Tanky Ryze means he will get destroyed in seconds.

Generally, the key in League is the build as tanky as you possibly can while still doing good/great damage. With the Exception of assassins. Even then, they still need defense.

On the side note: Iceborn gauntlet is a great 4th/5th item as you should know by now building a Muramana is more effecient since two of his spells are single target spell and his q is a super low cooldown applying damage per % of mana. Though, the passive allowing you to stack mana and have a decent AD allows for his auto attacks to do quite a bit of damage as well. You may not think about it, but even if you only get in 3 auto attacks, at full build that would be over 700 damage with a gauntlet on all three of those.

Tim Allen Talon

04-17-2013

That's the thing with Ryze you want to be bulky

If you want a bursty ap there are some better picks

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Ryze is unique in that he gets offense thru MANA as well as AP. This means that many defensive items that have mana on them are perfect for short-range ryze.

Rod of Ages is a great choice. Very efficient for the cost and Ryze can make excellent use of the mana, unlike many champs where it is nice but not all that useful past that.
Honestly a build with 5 rods and boots would likely do quite well.

Ryze really wants some cooldown though. He gets 10% free, and likely another 4% free from his Masteries.
Blue buff would give you another 20%, if you can keep it up constantly, which you cannot. One could take some CDR runes, or a single CDR item of some kind.

The glacial shroud tho nerfed is still a decent choice. It costs 1350g and gives 1800g worth of stats...all of which are useful to Ryze. That gives him 24% CDR without blue which is enough to drop a Q,W,E,Q combo with no delay. With blue he can do the full Q,W,Q,E,Q,R,Q,W,Q,E,Q combo with 1 sec inbetween Q-pairs.

From shroud you can do Frozen heart or Iceborn. Heart gives massive armor which is very valueable to him. The extra CDR is helpful too raising to 34% without blue. The aura is very good for the team.
Iceborn is a bit less efficient and while adding the Slowing zone is tempting, Ryze doesnt drop a whole lot of autoattacks. Still, it is a much more offensive approach.

Tear is way too good to skip. The AP from Seraphs as well as extra tankiness from shield makes it the right choice.

So...
sorc shoes
Tear->seraph
rod
shroud->heart

Now what? Some options are:

Void Staff adds valuable mpen and will be a big damage booster.
Tear adds some cheap firepower. Generally not recommended but a eventual murumana upgrade is quite strong.
Another Rod...bumps your seraphs plus cost effective on its own..even at 80% efficienty at start.
Haunted Guise/Liandrys - so-so. MPen is good and so is health. Torment effect is lousy on Ryze tho.
Abyssal Scepter - Big MR, great aura. Ryze is an excellent candidate for this if he needs MR.
Deathcap - big offensive boost, but I'd prefer something else.
Will of Ancients - big spell vamp for all. situational.