Builds for AP / Hybrid Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

Curious about runes, masteries and skill builds in particular, especially for these champions:

Sion
Annie
Kassadin
Akali

I've saved quite a lump some of IP, and I would like to try to acquaint myself with more magic based champions.

Which runes / masteries are best? mp5 / mpen / flat ap / scaling ap?

Thanks in advance.

Radamanthys3

10-11-2010

Regardless of the champion, if you're going Hybrid then Rageblade is a must

RoflTroll

10-11-2010

MPen marks and quints
MP5/lvl Seals and glyphs

for all of them except Akali, unless you've got tons of IP sitting around, then flat health quint.

I think except for Akali, all of those champs are better off as pure AP (Sion can go AD/AS, but it doesn't shine as early as AP)

Annie doesn't auto-attack enough to matter
Kassadin doesn't have enough HP to really use the attack speed bonus from rageblade.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

So Mpen is better than straight AP? I know for physical, crit chance / armor pen runes / attack speed runes are all interchangeable by character, but is Mpen just generally better than AP assassin / casters?

zignatur

10-12-2010

bump... still curious about caster runes. please share your insights!

Ulfhednar

10-12-2010

magic pen runes are more effective damage wise then ap runes, and generally speaking the same is true for armor penetration for physical damage characters. For AP sion for example, i liked magic pen marks and quints, mana regen per level seals and cooldown reduction for blues. and while i feel like sion is better straight AP/magic pen build early game, if the game stretchs on hybridizing the build with a rageblade and hextech gunblade are good ways to increase his overall effectiveness.

DrDragun

10-12-2010

Depends on their native abilities

- hybrid Kayle would get Rageblade due to her passive feeding off both stats
- hybrid Janna would get Nashors because her shield gives +damage so she would want attackspeed to multiply that if she shields herself
- hybrid Kassadin would get Manamune but he dies too easy so just get AP

For true hybrids, I would say get armor pen marks because spell pen is easily available on boots. I like mp5/level yellows and cdr blues in general but again it's hero specific. What's not hero specific: +33 health purps.