Bring Surge Back to Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gooman64

12-07-2012

Surge was awesome for ADC characters in dom. It was vital to killing imo.

Redenbacher

12-07-2012

The new SotD is far better than Surge, if that's what you're looking for. Other than that, Exhaust was always stronger than Surge for ADC.

Orphane

12-07-2012

Lol

no.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I just don't like the reasons they gave for removing surge:
1) 'Some summoners were unsure when to take it' and
2)' We don't want it competing with ingite'

So

1) League of legend players are so stupid that they can't understand the difference between a single target true damage spell and a self target offensive buff spell

2) Surge was very niche, but I don't see how in a 1v2 or 3 situation with say Kayle or Jax, igniting one person somehow beats popping surge and trying your best to outplay them.

I think I may have been the only guy running surge garrison in dominion, and I loved it.

MMKH

12-07-2012

I loved using Surge on Singed or Taric. The new SotD is meant mostly for ADs whereas Surge was an AP steroid. I think they should've kept the AP part but remake the AS into something like doing an extra 3% damage during the duration. Ignite is a single-target, healing debuff that deals true damage over time, whereas Surge is a self-buff that scales with your character's stats instead of just level. The removal was unnecessary especially for the some of us who like to use it from time to time.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Surge was for hybrids, like Kog'maw who benefited from both halves of it. I will miss it on him, but I don't play him much lately anyway.

I'll probably just grab exhaust anyway. When you think about it, (when spec'd) it's like reverse-Surge on one enemy target.

Redenbacher

12-08-2012

The other big problem with Surge is that the more attack speed and\or ability power you have, this less valuable the ability becomes. Every other summoner spell doesn't have that issue, arguably.

Kiddalee

12-10-2012

Surge did not cause balance problems. It may have been a noob trap, but not popular enough to cause problems like Priscilla's Blessing did. For people who understood it, it was really fun to use and I would like to use it again.

NavyGothic

12-10-2012

I miss Surge a lot. In many cases it was better than Ignite if you build hybrid on a champ like Teemo or Kayle.

More importantly, Cho'gath + feast + storm shield + surge = ULTRACHO'GATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS.