Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So....opinions on Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

12-08-2012

think of Nami Q as a ranged skill shot Alistar Q
think of Nami W as Sona Q+W built into one and is targetable and ignores minions
think of Nami E as giving someone frozen mallet for 3 hits
think of Nami R as a hyper long ranged Sona ult that also slows after the CC

all of this makes her a pretty decent pick for top, with her Q being really game changing in top fights if you don't suck at skillshots

although Nami does fall behind a bit later on during the game, which means you have to play even more smart and capitalize on making plays with your Q and E

ShawNuff

12-08-2012

Nami and Vi have completely different playstyles. Vi is a tanky DPS that is decent at getting to a target with pretty good gap closers, but is fairly easily pealed off, and she gives up some burst (compared to an assassin) for a lot more staying power through her W. I'm not going to comment on the balance since that will change multiple times before release, but I'm thinking she might do ok bot (or as a ganker) since her E is like a huge AOE autoattack on a pretty short cooldown, but I'm sure she will do ok top as well.

smXho

12-10-2012

I've been playing exclusively Nami since release

One of the interesting game I had was being forced bot lane, against another Nami (she was willing to go bot lane)
I've won the lane, and I will share a bit of laneing experience

She is Tier 3/4 at best, and i wouldn't recommend anyone taking her for bot lane on purpose
She would be good to lane against melee without strong gapcloser / burst (for example maokai or gangplank), but thats to the point she can hold her own. Her strength lies when someone comes to gank, but on your own, its meh...

Nevertheless, I did learn more about small tricks thats helpful with her

Q - A circle radius. since it has a small delay, aim it so the edge of the circle lands at the melee minion (try to use this when the enemy goes into melee), this way if the enemy champ moves backwards, you can still hit it.
W - It will almost always be 1 heal 1 damage, but casting on yourself as oppose to enemy has a difference due to passive. Cast on yourself when you are chasing (you get speed boost first), but cast on enemy when you are running away. If its stale, then think if you need speed boost now or a tiny bit later. It makes a difference, especially combo with E to gain 3sec of free boots
E - Don't bother using it unless you are harassing enemy or chasing, it doesn't add that much damage to your AA to push minion wave, but enemy tend to panic when they get slowed. And useful (due to passive) for chasing
R - Don't blindly hit R due to long cooldown. Use to either escape gank or to combo with Q for a finishing move.

Also one last thing, remember her skill has short range, so be careful when you get in and out of fights and position yourself well.

Kiddalee

12-10-2012

Quote:
ricedream5:
I feel like you can make her an ADC.

I would like to see this. Like ADC Janna, it might be surprisingly good.

smXho

12-12-2012

After about 40 game with Nami, i have around 70-75% win rate with her

There are two occasion where in champion selection people will say please don't pick Nami, pick someone else (I dodged those 2)

Has anyone had similar experience? Is she weak? (I don't think so).
I feel she does quite a lot, but you don't see it. no one sees your E giving them a frozen mallet for a chase down, or your W healed them so they won that 2v2 fight.

And yea, i do agree, she is one trick pony to play, compare to majority or champs around

Zeiro

12-13-2012

I had about 20 games with Nami, most of them loses.

I had one match where someone asked me to choose another champ. Others, they just stay silent until we're losing then go rage "WHY PICK NAMI".

It doesn't help her reputation that she practically has no presence outside of Q. For her allies it's Q and W, but that's still just two skills.

Her Q's CD has too long of a cooldown. It doesn't help her that the better CDR items are "too expensive" in this Black Cleaver meta. People have been saying that her Q is a ranged Alistar Q. Except that Alistar's is not only much easier to use, but also much rewarding. Alister can easily knockup+stun 4 people in a teamfight. Nami, you'll never find yourself hitting more than 2 people unless they all stick together and stop moving.

It doesn't help me that I have ~200 ping, so I have to see 0.5s into the future. In addition into guessing when they will blink/dash.

A few weeks back, one of the Rioter said that they originally(?) planned her R to have a knockback effect. I imagine a really slow knockback + slow would have been awesome. The current knock-up doesn't feel very good to use. Even those times I have properly used it, I have never felt that I turned the tide of the battle if it was a fair fight like 4v4 or 3v3.

Building her AP or CDR makes her reliant on others. Stacking Black Cleavers on her felt better. >_>

I'll try her again after the BC nerf. It's quite sad, since all the characters I really like in design, I can't use effectively.

Foregrim

02-08-2013

"Building her AP or CDR makes her reliant on others."

Ugh, yeah, she's a support.

She is fine. Like other supports, you need a good team in order to take advantage of her abilities. The biggest problem is people solo que with her. While you can (I do), know that she is very reliant on your team instantly reacting to an initiation. People in solo que tend to not have that kind of co-ordination making her seem UP. Also if you can't land skill shots, don't bother (That's not a problem with the champ but the player). That's why they have Soraka or Taric.

Just build movement, mana gen, and cdr and you can contribute a lot to fights. Q the enemy ADC, R through the team, E your ADC, and W someone on your team that's about to die. It makes a big difference. But again, you compliment the team, not carry it. She's support and that's what supports are for.

Only complaint I do have is her base auto attack damage. I'm sure Riot curbed it a bit so that with the E it wasn't OP. So just make her E unusable on her like Soraka can't give herself mana anymore. Even out the base auto attack so she can at least have a chance at clearing a wave. Small complaint.