So....opinions on Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Ugh, I just can't seem to win any games with her x_x No matter how perfectly I land my ult or Qs it just never seems to be enough.

xvietboyxlr8

12-08-2012

still needs time for people to totally figure her out. For now enjoy the feeding spree from Nami players

Zeiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Funny thing yesterday is that people were like "YOU SHOULD BE BUILDING X. WHY ARE YOU BUILDING CDR!!!" on me. Then, they go off in far flung places to 1v3 and 1v4 enemies. >_>

Tempestphile

12-08-2012

Well, i've had good luck with her, but thats because my team has more black cleaver then the opponent team, not i am omfg amazing carry

Anyway, her Q is. Understand projectile speed, and understand people's gap closer. Throwing a Q under your feet when you know someone like Xin or Jax will charge you is very important

Her downside?
Q has a long cooldown at low level, but W is useless pretty much if not high rank (mostly because i build tanky AP), E really feels meh, did my buff really did something? R has such a low projectile speed I've seen champs outrun it.

All in all, i wouldn't say she needs buff in projectile speed, because it makes her more fun learning how to time your Q. In terms of R, its really for anti initiation (like Sona), or initiate in teamfights where most enemy is in front of your face. Using R as a chasedown mechanic is meh.

And don't bother with her if you don't plan to build CDR, i find 30% enough, but the more the merrier

BROSEPHIROTH

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
She's great and is a major help in teamfights, but she suffers drastically when alone. I know all supports do, but I feel like she does more than others. She can run away just fine, but defense is another story.

What I mean is how a Lulu can usually hold out 2v1 on a turret for a while, Nami is susceptible to getting rushed and torn down. Even if you land every ability, she has a comparatively long downtime where she has no spells to cast. Lux has the same issue, but she also has her ungodly range and excellent minion clearing ability.

That said, I feel she adds more to a teamfight than most supports, helping in every way from damage, healing, CC, MS, and buffs. She can't clear a minion wave for her life, but she can make or break a team fight with only a few well place spells.

Long story short: It's dangerous to go alone, take a buddy with you.
This has been exactly my experience tonight with several games of Nami. When my team bothers to stay with me; we're unstoppable. When they go off in a bloodrage after the Teemo in the jungle, Jarvan/Talon/Fizz jumps on me and I'm utterly helpless.

Think I'm going to go back to Blitzcrank/Lulu.

Luninareph

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
All in all, i wouldn't say she needs buff in projectile speed, because it makes her more fun learning how to time your Q. In terms of R, its really for anti initiation (like Sona), or initiate in teamfights where most enemy is in front of your face. Using R as a chasedown mechanic is meh.
This is a very good and interesting way to look at it. I think I'll try her again tonight with this in mind and see whether it improves my gameplay.

Malah

12-08-2012

She's actually balanced, so she's worse than almost every other support on the map because they're mostly bat****. Everyone who saying they'd rather play Lulu? t-_-t

If you want derpass, play Khazix or Lulu. Nami actually provides some challenge, and not being "challenged" to hit a 4:1 KDA mark. Could use an accelerating velocity rate on her ult for QoL.

Ahlen

12-08-2012

She's probably 3rd best support behind Lulu and Sona.

If that Q lands, people die.

BROSEPHIROTH

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
She's actually balanced, so she's worse than almost every other support on the map because they're mostly bat****. Everyone who saying they'd rather play Lulu? t-_-t

If you want derpass, play Khazix or Lulu. Nami actually provides some challenge, and not being "challenged" to hit a 4:1 KDA mark. Could use an accelerating velocity rate on her ult for QoL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Malah

12-08-2012

If winning's all that mattered I'd go play a flash game. I've played Lulu, I've gotten free wins, and it bored me to sleep (literally). Been there, done that, don't feel like wasting my time going back.

What I like most about Nami is that her kit works like Lulu's does on SR: she's not there to defend (though she has the capability to do so), she's setting up kills and putting pain in the enemy. Her E has minimal defensive use with her passive and trying to use her ultimate for defense has around the same CC effect as a Lulu ult without the defensive properties; what she does do is put damage out on targets while providing hefty CC and utility features alongside it. I think her potential lies best with either a bruiser who can defend her while her cooldowns come back up, and who she in turn enables, or doing hit-and-run passes with a mage who can dip in once she gets someone trapped in a bubble, toss in some shots, and back out with Nami covering the escape. Rinse and repeat until there's someone who can be picked off by ultimate use with a wave covering the entrance.